Our mornings are kind of rushed. We leave the house before 7 am, so unless everyone gets up super early, there's not a lot of time to get ready.
And, I think I've told you this before, but I am so NOT a morning person. Just getting up and out the door on time is a huge accomplishment for me!
One thing that really helps is having quick and easy options for breakfast. Sometimes, I'll make muffins and other breakfast items on the weekends so that the kids can eat them during the week.
Cereal bars are perfect for after-school snacks and for breakfast-on-the go. They're also super quick and easy to make.
I've been making no-bake treats with different kinds of cereal for awhile now, and honestly, these peanut butter honey oat cereal bars are the best!
They're chewy and crunchy at the same time, and they taste absolutely wonderful. Plus, you only need a few ingredients to make them. I used the honey roasted flavor, and I added peanut butter, vanilla, honey, brown sugar and raisins. That's it!
You just mix everything up in one pot, and then you spread the cereal mixture into a baking pan. After the mix cools down, just slice it into bars, and you're good to go.
How To Make Peanut Butter Honey Oat Cereal Bars
Peanut Butter Honey Oat Cereal Bars
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ½ cups Honey Bunches of Oats® Cereal
- ⅓ cup raisins
- In a large pot, melt the honey and brown sugar over medium high heat, stirring frequently
- Cook until mixture boils and starts to get thick
- Remove from heat, and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla
- Mix in the 6 cups of cereal and raisins, and spread into buttered 9 X 13 baking dish
- Top with remaining ½ cup of cereal for extra texture
- Allow to cool completely in refrigerator, then slice into bars
Post was originally sponsored. Post has been updated in 2019.