Red White and Blue Pretzels dipped in melted candy coating and topped with patriotic sprinkles are an easy sweet treat for the Fourth of July, Memorial Day and other patriotic holidays.
Looking for a fun treat for your July 4th celebration? Try this easy recipe for red white and blue patriotic pretzels! You can never have too many patriotic desserts!
This sweet treat takes just a few minutes to make, and the salty sweet combination is absolutely delicious.
You can serve them as a snack or pack them in bags and share with friends and neighbors.
Ingredients for Red White and Blue Pretzels
You only need 3 ingredients for these patriotic pretzel bites. They can be found in your grocery store, craft store or online.
- Candy melts -- Red candy melts, blue candy melts or white candy melts. You can use white chocolate chips or white almond bark in place of candy coating.
- Pretzels -- Mini pretzels are perfect for these bite-sized treats. Pretzel rods are slightly different recipe.
- Red white and blue sprinkles -- Look for sugar crystals in patriotic colors if you can't find sprinkles.
You will also need microwave-safe bowls or a small pot or double boiler for melting the candies, a large baking sheet or baker's rack and parchment paper or wax paper to dry the pretzels.
How to Make Chocolate Covered Pretzels for 4th of July
Place candy melts in different bowls. We use 1 cup of each color. Melt in the microwave according to package directions -- I do 30 second-intervals for each color.
Use a fork to dip the pretzels into the melted chocolate. Let excess chocolate drizzle back into the bowl.
Place each dipped pretzel on wax paper lined baking sheet. Decorate with sprinkles before the coating is fully dry.
We also like to drizzle different colors on top of some of the pretzels. You can use a fork or piping bag for this or a ziploc bag with the corner cut for this job.
Aren't they gorgeous?! These little treats are festive with the bright colors of the American flag -- perfect for any patriotic celebration!
How to Store Chocolate Dipped Pretzels
Store chocolate covered pretzels in an airtight container at room temperature. they should stay fresh for up to 2 weeks.
You do not need to refrigerate these cute treats unless your house is very warm.
Microwave the candy melts in intervals, stirring in between for best results.
Allow candy coating to dry slightly before adding sprinkles so they don't sink into the coating.
Let coating dry completely before adding drizzle on top of the pretzels. Otherwise, the drizzle won't stick.
Speed up the drying time by placing pretzels into the fridge for about 15-20 minutes.
If you use white chocolate chips instead of candy melts, add 1 teaspoon coconut oil to make the chocolate smooth.
More Red White and Blue Desserts and Food
- Red White and Blue Poke Cake
- Patriotic Popcorn
- Red White and Blue Bark
- Watermelon Blueberry Feta Salad
- Red White and Blue Cheesecake Salad
Red White and Blue Pretzels
- 5 cups Mini Pretzel Twists about 50
- 3 cups Candy melts white, red, green
- patriotic sprinkles
- Melt the candy coating or chocolate according to the directions on the package. I do 30-second intervals.
- Use a fork to dip each pretzel into the melted candy, making sure the pretzel is completely covered.
- Allow excess coating to drip off into the bowl, and let pretzels dry on wax paper-lined baking sheets.
- Before the coating dries completely, add the sprinkles.
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
I hope you enjoy these red white and blue chocolate covered pretzels as much as we do. Patriotic pretzels are perfect for Independence Day, Flag Day, Veterans Day or Labor Day cookouts.
If you do make this fun dessert, please leave a star rating and/or comment.
For more patriotic treats and easy recipes anyone can make, sign up for the weekly newsletter and follow on social media.