Patriotic Pretzel Popcorn is a salty and sweet snack mix with red, white and blue candy drizzled with chocolate. Perfect for 4th of July and other holidays!
This super easy sweet and salty snack mix is perfect for any patriotic holiday. It’s a mix of popcorn, pretzel twists, red, white and blue M & M’s, marshmallow bits and red hots all covered with a semi-sweet chocolate drizzle. Then, it’s topped off with a sprinkle of red and blue sugar crystals for extra sparkle.
Whether you’re having company on the 4th of July or just hanging out with family, you need some patriotic red, white and blue snacks to munch on, right? We made Bunny Bait for Easter, and it was such a hit that we decided to make a similar snack mix for the 4th of July.
What’s different about this patriotic pretzel popcorn is we used semi-sweet chocolate for the drizzle instead of white. Most patriotic snack mix recipes use the white chocolate, but you get a richer flavor from the dark. It also cuts down on the sweetness.
If you want to use white chocolate, though, that’s totally fine! You can also use your favorite red, white and blue candies here, too.
How to Make Red, White and Blue Snack Mix
To keep things super quick and easy, I used a bag of Boom Chika Pop popcorn. You can use any brand here or pop your own. Just spread the popcorn on a large wax-paper-covered baking sheet. Next, add pretzels, and drizzle melted chocolate all over.
Let the chocolate cool down and firm up. Then mix it with a spatula, and add the M & M candies, mini marshmallow bits and red hots.
Top it off by sprinkling red and blue sugar crystals all over. Then, mix it up again.
You might need to pop the tray in the fridge to help it firm up faster. Then, break the snack mix into pieces, and you’re ready to dig in!
Pin this red, white and blue snack mix recipe to save it!
More Red, White and Blue Recipes for 4th of July
- Red, White and Blue Poke Cake
- Patriotic Candy Coated Pretzel Sticks
- Watermelon, Feta and Blueberry Salad
- Red, White and Blue Bark
May contain affiliate links. See disclosure for more info.
Patriotic Pretzel Popcorn Snack Mix Recipe
Patriotic Pretzel Popcorn
- 8 cups popcorn
- 3 cups pretzels
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup red, white and blue M&Ms
- cinnamon candies
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper and evenly spread the popcorn and pretzels on the baking sheet
- Melt the chocolate chips in 30 second intervals and evenly drizzle the melted chocolate over the pretzels and popcorn
- Let the chocolate set for a little bit and mix the chocolate so that the pretzels and the popcorn is completely coated with chocolate
- Add in half of the mini marshmallows and mix
- Add in the M&Ms, sprinkles, cinnamon candies and the rest of the mini marshmallows
- Place the mixture in the fridge so that it can firm up. Store the mixture in fridge
I hope you love this red, white and blue snack mix as much as my family does!