Patriotic Popcorn with white chocolate, pretzels and colorful candy in an easy red white and blue dessert perfect for Fourth of July and other patriotic holidays. Everyone loves this salty and sweet treat!
This super easy sweet and salty snack mix is perfect for any patriotic holiday. It's a mix of popcorn, pretzel twists, white chocolate, red, white and blue M & M's and candy coating.
Then, it's topped off with patriotic sprinkles for extra sparkle!
Whether you're having a cookout on Memorial Day or the 4th of July or just hanging out with family, you need some red, white and blue snacks to munch on, right?
We make Bunny Bait for Easter, Monster Munch on Halloween, Christmas Crunch and a sweet and salty snack mix for Valentine's Day. So, of course, you need red white and blue popcorn for patriotic holidays, right?!
Ingredients for Red White and Blue Popcorn
You only need a few simple ingredients to make patriotic popcorn snack mix. They should be easy to find in your grocery store, craft store or online.
- Popcorn -- You can make your own microwave popcorn or air popper popcorn or buy a bag of popped popcorn. You'll need about 8 cups of popcorn.
- Pretzel twists -- leave out if you don't like pretzels
- White chocolate chips -- or white candy melts to hold the popcorn mix together. Use semi sweet chocolate chips if you prefer, but the colors won't be the same.
- Candy melts -- red candy melts and blue candy melts
- Red, white and blue M&M's -- pick out the colors you need from a bag of regular m&m candy if you can't find the patriotic mix.
- Patriotic sprinkles -- look for red white and blue sprinkles or star sprinkles or sugar crystals
You will also need a large cookie sheet or baking sheet, wax paper or parchment paper, a fork and microwave safe bowl for each of the chocolates.
How to Make Patriotic Popcorn
Just spread the popcorn on a large parchment paper or wax paper-lined baking sheet. Make sure to pick out any un-popped popcorn kernels.
Melt the white chocolate and candy melts in separate microwave-safe bowls. Follow directions on the packages, which usually calls for melting in 30-second increments, stirring between intervals.
Next, add pretzels, and drizzle melted white chocolate all over. Then mix it with a spatula.
Drizzle the melted blue candy coating and red candy coating on top of the popcorn mixture with a fork.
Then, add the M & M candies. Make sure they stick to the ribbons of melted chocolate.
Top this fun red white and blue 4th of July treat off by sprinkling red and blue sprinkles all over. Then, mix it up again.
You might need to pop the tray in the fridge to help it firm up faster. Then, break the snack mix into pieces, and you're ready to dig in!
How to Store Patriotic White Chocolate Popcorn
Store the patriotic popcorn in an airtight container or large bowl so it stays fresh. You may need to store it in the fridge so that the chocolate doesn't melt if your house is very warm.
It should keep for about 4 days.
Follow package directions for melting the chocolate in the microwave. For best results, melt the chocolate in intervals, not all at once.
If you can't find a package of red, white and blue m&m's, you can pick out the colors you need from a regular package.
More Red, White and Blue Recipes
- Red, White and Blue Poke Cake
- Patriotic Candy Coated Pretzel Sticks
- Watermelon, Feta and Blueberry Salad
- Red, White and Blue Bark
- Red White and Blue Pretzels
May contain affiliate links. See disclosure for more info.
- 8 cups popcorn
- 3 cups pretzels
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- ½ cup each red and blue candy melts
- 1 cup red, white and blue M&Ms
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper and evenly spread the popcorn and pretzels on the baking sheet
- Melt the white chocolate chips in 30 second intervals in a microwave safe bowl, or follow directions on bag, and evenly drizzle the melted chocolate over the pretzels and popcorn
- Let the chocolate set for a little bit and mix the chocolate so that the pretzels and the popcorn is completely coated with chocolate
- Melt candy coating according to package directions, and drizzle over popcorn
- Add in the M&Ms and sprinkles
- Place the mixture in the fridge so that it can firm up. Break into smaller pieces, and store the mixture in an airtight container
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
Red white and blue 4th of July popcorn mix is perfect for your Fourth of July party or Memorial Day weekend cookout!
If you try this easy recipe, please leave a star rating and/or comment. For more easy recipes and delicious desserts, sign up for the weekly newsletter and follow on social media.
Recipe published in 2019 and updated in 2023