Sheet Pan Italian Stuffed Peppers are quick and easy to make, gluten free, and incredibly delicious. Plus, clean-up is a breeze!
I made these easy Italian-style stuffed peppers for the first time when I was craving some baked pasta with tomato sauce. The Hubs is on a modified low-carb diet, so we've been pretty much avoiding pasta. But, we did happen to have a stash of colorful bell peppers, and after seeing so many delicious stuffed pepper recipes here and there, I decided to try making my own.
It's funny because when I was growing up, I hated stuffed peppers. We always had green bell peppers filled with beef and rice and cooked for a few hours in tomato sauce. I didn't mind the taste so much, but I really hated how mushy they were. So, I pledged to never ever make stuffed peppers when I grew up!
Maybe that's just a tad childish, but my list of hated foods is short. The Hubs, on the other hand, has a huge list, so I don't feel too bad!
Anyway, the first time I made these peppers, I used what I had and pretty much just threw this quick and easy meal together. I used ground beef, a little tomato sauce, spices and the peppers.
The next time, I used a mixture of pork and beef for extra flavor. I also made a little more so that we would have leftovers. But really, both versions are good, so you can pick which one is best for you.
This is a quick and easy dinner that's not complicated at all, and the prep work is easy, too. First, I cooked the meat mixture with some tomato sauce, and then I used the mix to stuff the peppers.
To make this dinner even better, I baked the stuffed peppers all on one sheet pan for super easy clean-up! I'm in love with sheet pan dinner recipes, and I make them whenever I can.
The peppers were done in about 15 minutes. To avoid the mush factor, I cooked the peppers until they were just slightly soft. Then, I topped them with some shredded Parm and mozzarella cheese, and dinner was ready!
How to Make Sheet Pan Italian Stuffed Peppers
Sheet Pan Italian Stuffed Peppers
- 5 large bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onions
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce or marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Wash peppers, cut in half, and remove seeds and ribs, then set aside
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and pork in 1 tablespoon olive oil, and add sea salt and pepper
- Stir in tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic, onions and ½ cup Parm, and cook until heated through
- Remove from heat, and set aside
- Line a large baking sheet with heavy duty foil, spread 1 tablespoon olive oil evenly over foil, and on bottoms and sides of peppers, then place peppers, cut sides up, on baking sheet
- Fill peppers with meat mixture, and bake for 15 minutes, or until peppers are slightly soft and meat is heated through
- Top with remaining Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese, bake until cheese is melted
- Top with fresh parsley, if desired, and serve
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
My family loved these sheet pan Italian stuffed peppers, even though the kids were definitely not thrilled about them at first. They had the mushy green ones before and didn't want to have them again! One of my girls even requested the leftovers for dinner later in the week!
Even if you love pasta, I think you'll enjoy these gluten free, low carb stuffed peppers. Serve them with a side salad, and you've got a super delicious easy dinner!