This Sheet Pan Skinny Chicken Parm with broccoli and cauliflower is a lighter low carb, gluten free dinner that’s ready in 30 minutes!
We’ve been making some changes in our eating habits this year, and I’m trying to make lighter, low-carb meals. The Hubs needs to watch what he eats, and I just want to eat a little healthier. Still, I don’t want to cut our our favorite foods entirely — The kids would rebel!
So, I’ve been making lighter versions of some of our favorite dinners to keep everyone happy and fed. I’ll still make pasta and other comfort foods, but I’ll be trying to include more healthy meals as often as possible, like this skinny chicken Parm. It’s the latest sheet pan dinner, and it’s a winner – ha, ha!
Chicken Parm is my oldest baby’s favorite meal. She requested it for her birthday last year, and I made it the classic way — breaded chicken, smothered in marinara sauce and topped with loads of gorgeous melted cheese. Yum.
So when she was home on break, I decided to play around with that recipe and make it healthier but still delicious. I also turned it into a sheet pan dinner, so the clean-up was way easier too. Gotta love dinners that are easy and don’t require loads of dishes!
I used chicken tenders for this recipe, but you could also use chicken breasts. Normally, you would coat the chicken in bread crumbs, but I skipped that part and just seasoned the meat very well. Then, I tossed some cut cauliflower in with the chicken.
After the chicken tenders and cauliflower were pretty much done, I sprinkled some finely shredded Parmesan cheese over the meat. You can add some to the cauliflower if you want to, as well.
Next, I spooned some marinara sauce over the chicken and topped it with shredded mozzarella cheese. You can use your favorite brand or homemade sauce if you have that. If you want to keep this gluten free, just make sure the sauce is gluten free, as well.
Then, you add the broccoli and bake the chicken and veggies for about five more minutes.
When the cheese is melted and the broccoli is tender, you’re ready to eat! You can spoon the extra sauce over the chicken as you serve it. Or you can do what my kids do and dip the chicken into the sauce on the sheet pan before you eat.
Isn’t this a gorgeous dinner? I just love those bright colors!
How to Make Sheet Pan Skinny Chicken Parm
Sheet Pan Skinny Chicken Parm
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 chicken tenders
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or cheese blend
- 2 cups cauliflower, trimmed
- 2 cups broccoli, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with heavy duty aluminum foil, and add olive oil
- Place chicken tenders on baking sheet, and coat with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning, add cauliflower
- Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is 160 degrees and lightly browned
- Remove from oven, top with shredded Parm and marinara sauce, then top with mozzarella cheese, and add broccoli
- Bake for additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and broccoli is slightly tender
My family just inhaled this sheet pan skinny chicken Parm. Even my oldest thought that it was delicious, so I’m calling this healthy dinner a success!
I hope you’ll give it a try, and if you do, let me know how it goes.