This easy Sheet Pan Lemon Butter Chicken and Asparagus dinner is simple, light and perfect for spring. Plus, it's ready in just 20 minutes!
I hope you don't mind seeing two asparagus recipes here on the blog in just one week, but after all, it is asparagus season. And my family and I can't get enough of it! Technically though, roasted Parmesan prosciutto wrapped asparagus is an appetizer, and today's recipe is a complete dinner.
This just may be the easiest chicken dinner I've ever made, and that's definitely saying something! Seriously, this chicken dinner requires minimal prep work, and it cooks on one sheet pan in just 20 minutes. Best of all, there's hardly anything to clean up -- just toss the foil into the garbage, and you're done!
Plus, this easy sheet pan chicken and asparagus dinner is low carb and naturally gluten free. Need I say more? Oh, I guess I should mention that it's completely delicious. After all, even the easiest, healthiest dinners have to taste good.
I first shared this lemon butter chicken and asparagus dinner over at The Weary Chef, and I couldn't wait to share it again here!
Like I said earlier, this sheet pan chicken dinner is super easy to prepare. Just slice the chicken breasts in half so that they're nice and thin. If they're too thick, the asparagus will be overcooked. If you don't want to deal with slicing the chicken, just start it first and add the asparagus after about 15 minutes.
When the chicken is done and the asparagus is just slightly tender, throw in a little butter, and let it melt. The butter mixes with the olive oil, seasonings and juices from the chicken, and this makes the most amazing sauce! When you serve the dinner, just spoon the sauce over the chicken -- yum!
I added some shredded Parm at the end for a little extra flavor. It's totally optional, but I definitely recommend it!
How to Make Sheet Pan Lemon Butter Chicken and Asparagus
Sheet Pan Lemon Butter Chicken and Asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in half
- 1 pound fresh asparagus washed and ends trimmed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried Herbes de Provence or Italian seasoning mix
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lemon sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter cubed
- Grated Parmesan cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with heavy duty aluminum foil
- Pour olive oil on foil
- Add chicken breasts and asparagus, and coat with olive oil
- Season with sea salt, Herbes de Provence seasoning, pepper and garlic powder
- Place lemon slices over chicken and asparagus
- Bake for 15 minutes, then add butter over chicken and asparagus
- Bake for additional 5 minutes or until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees, according to a meat thermometer
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese, and serve immediately
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
My family couldn't get enough of this sheet pan lemon butter chicken and asparagus, and I ended up making it twice in one week! It's that good. And, since this dinner is nice and light, you can go ahead and indulge in a little dessert!