Low carb Fried Kielbasa and Cabbage is a quick and easy dinner recipe that takes less than 30 minutes to make and uses just 6 ingredients.
If you're looking for an easy weeknight dinner recipe, I've got you covered with this low carb kielbasa and cabbage skillet. Sausage and cabbage is one of the easiest kielbasa recipes out there, plus it's a one dish meal that's budget friendly and ready in less than 30 minutes. What's not to love?!
Fried kielbasa and cabbage is basically a low-carb version of my favorite fried noodles and cabbage -- haluski. You basically make it the same way, only you don't add egg noodles in the end.
My kids adore noodles and cabbage, so I didn't think they would go for this lightened up version. I even offered to throw in some egg noodles just for them. But my usually picky eaters surprised me this time. They loved this smoked sausage and cabbage!
So, whether you're looking for keto friendly recipes, trying to cut back on carbs or just looking for delicious budget friendly comfort food, I hope you'll give this easy fried kielbasa and cabbage a try. And if you happen to have some cooked bacon, just throw some in at the end -- yum!
How do you make fried cabbage and kielbasa (smoked sausage)?
First, you chop up an onion, and cook it with some butter in a skillet or Dutch oven until it's nice and soft.
Then, you add your chopped cabbage, salt and pepper. Cabbage has a ton of water in it, so don't worry if it seems like a lot of cabbage. It will reduce down in no time!
When the cabbage is soft, but still firm and green, you add in your kielbasa. The smoked sausage is already cooked, so you just need to warm it up.
I had some leftover cooked bacon, so I added some at the end. You could even cook the bacon first and use bacon fat instead of butter! And that's all there is to making fried kielbasa and cabbage -- super simple!
More easy kielbasa recipes
- One pot creamy kielbasa tortellini
- Sheet pan smoked sausage dinner
- Instant Pot creamy kielbasa tortellini
- Polish sausage dogs
- Baked pierogies and kielbasa
- Instant Pot Kielbasa, Potatoes and Green Beans
Fried Kielbasa and Cabbage Recipe
Fried Kielbasa and Cabbage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 medium cabbage, washed, cored and chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound kielbasa, sliced thin
- additional salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, cook the onions and butter over medium heat, stirring frequently, until onions are soft
- Add the cabbage, sea salt and pepper, and cook until cabbage is slightly soft, stirring frequently
- Stir in the sliced kielbasa, and cook until heated through. Mix everything together, taste, and add additional salt and pepper, to taste
I hope you enjoy this easy low carb fried kielbasa and cabbage recipe as much as we do!