Skinny Chicken Parm Sliders bake on one sheet pan and are ready in just 20 minutes. Your family will love this easy, cheesy meal!
If you like easy, cheesy chicken dinners, you'll love these 20 minute skinny chicken Parmesan sliders! These cheesy Italian chicken sliders are a variation of the sheet pan skinny chicken Parm dinner that my family loves, but they're even easier to make.
We usually have sandwiches for dinner on Saturdays. And by sandwiches, I mean hearty ones, like baked ham and cheese sliders or roast beef sliders. These are super easy to make but filling enough to keep everyone satisfied -- for an hour or two, at least!
So one Saturday, when one of the kids suggested having sheet pan chicken Parm, I decided to use the basic recipe and make sliders instead of the usual chicken and veggie dinner. I have to say that these sliders aren't the skinniest, low-fat dinner on the planet. I mean, they've got lots of melted cheese, and they're served in nice, thick buns.
But because the chicken isn't breaded or fried, I like to think it's a lot lighter than the usual version. And seriously, these skinny sliders have so much flavor that you won't miss the breading at all! This recipe appeared first on The Weary Chef, and now, I'm sharing it here!
The other nice thing about these cheesy chicken sandwiches is that they take just 20 minutes to make, and there's hardly any cleaning up to do, since everything cooks on just one pan. How easy is that?!
Just season the tenders, and bake them for about 15 minutes. Then, add cheese and your favorite marinara sauce. Brush a little olive oil and seasoning on slider buns, and bake everything together for about 5 more minutes. That's it!
You can use smaller buns with one piece of chicken, or you can use larger buns with two chicken tenders. Whatever works best for you. Either way, these cheesy Italian chicken sandwiches are absolutely delicious!
How to Make Skinny Chicken Parm Sliders
Skinny Chicken Parm Sliders
- 12 chicken tenders
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 small dinner rolls
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Extra pinch of Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray
- Place chicken on baking sheet, and season with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- Bake for 15 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees, according to meat thermometer
- Remove from oven, and top chicken evenly with shredded Parm, marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cut small sandwich buns open, place next to the chicken, and spread olive oil and pinch of Italian seasoning on tops of buns
- Bake for additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and rolls are warm
- Place chicken inside of rolls, serve and enjoy!
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
My family just loves these skinny chicken Parm sliders. Even the pickiest eater has no complaints, so I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!