This 2-ingredient Strawberry Cream Soda Cake is made with a can of soda pop and cake mix. A super easy dessert that's perfect for potlucks and parties!
If you need a quick and easy dessert with few ingredients, you're going to love this strawberry soda cake. Not only is it easy to make, but this 2 ingredient dessert is also super cheap! So it's perfect for feeding a crowd on a budget.
All you need is a box of strawberry cake mix and a can of cream soda to make this cake. No eggs, no oil. Seriously.
This strawberry cake is the third soda cake I've made. I had to try making a cake with soda and cake mix just to see if it worked, so the kids and I made a Lemon Lime Soda Cake with yellow cake mix and a can of Sprite.
That was so easy that we made an Orange Soda Cake with Orange Crush and cake mix -- an orange creamsicle cake! Soda cakes are incredibly light, fluffy and fun to make!
How to Make a Cake with Cake Mix and Soda
To make this strawberry soda cake, just add the cake mix to a large mixing bowl. Then, pour the can of cream soda into the bowl. Any brand of cake mix and soda works here.
The fun thing about making a soda cake is when the pop hits the cake mix, it fizzes up like crazy. Double, double, toil and trouble!
Mix the ingredients together until they're well combined. You'll get a nice Pepto Bismol-colored cake batter!
Pour the batter into a prepared baking dish, and bake! Seriously, you guys -- It doesn't get any easier than this!
How to Frost a Soda Cake
You can use your favorite frosting. But since these cakes are so light, I usually frost them with whipped topping -- Cool Whip.
Diet Soda Cake
You can use diet soda to cut the calories if you want. You can also use light whipped topping for frosting.
More Easy Strawberry Dessert Recipes
- Strawberry Jello Poke Cake
- Strawberry Crinkle Cookies
- Easy Strawberry Milkshake
- Strawberry Jello Fruit Salad
Strawberry Cream Soda Cake Recipe
Strawberry Cream Soda Cake
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1 12-ounce can cream soda pop
- 8 ounces whipped topping, like Cool Whip, or your preferred frosting optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease or spray a 9 X 13-inch cake pan with baking spray
- Add the cake mix to a large mixing bowl
- Pour the cream soda into the bowl, and mix until well combined
- Pour batter into a greased 13 X 9-inch baking pan, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until cake starts to pull away from edges, top springs back lightly when touched, and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool completely before frosting
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
Pin to Save!
I hope you enjoy this easy strawberry soda cake as much as we do!