White bean pumpkin hummus is a light and savory dip that’s perfect for fall. Serve it with crackers or toasted bread rounds as an easy appetizer or snack.
The Hubs was the person who first mentioned white bean hummus to me. He heard the recipe on the radio a couple of months ago and thought it sounded pretty decent. I love chickpeas and traditional hummus, so I was the one who was initially skeptical.
But the more I thought about it, the more appealing the idea seemed, especially when I thought about making it a fall recipe by adding some pureed pumpkin. My kids love dips, and since pumpkin is loaded with nutrients, I thought it would make a wonderfully tasty snack.
This doesn’t quite have the same texture as traditional hummus. In fact, it’s a little bit closer to a light and fluffy pumpkin dip, although it’s savory instead of sweet. But it still tastes incredible, and once you start dipping, it’s hard to stop!
How to Make White Bean Pumpkin Hummus
White Bean Pumpkin Hummus
- 2 tablespoons garlic butter made by heating 4 cloves of garlic and 1 stick of butter on the stove
- 1 15.5- ounce can cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ground sage
- Make the garlic butter, and set aside
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor, and puree until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon into a small bowl, and add a little bit of olive oil to the top, just for some extra flavor.
I picked up some toasted bread rounds at the store the other day, and they are ideal for scooping up hearty dips like this one. My little guy even made some mini sandwiches by spreading some pumpkin dip between two pieces of the toasted mini bread slices.
You can this white bean pumpkin hummus with pita bread, raw veggies, chips, toasted bread rounds or just about anything you like. I even had a few bites for breakfast today!
Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you enjoy this dip as much as we did!
You Might Also Like