Easy strawberry crinkle cookies are made from a cake mix and are perfect for Valentine’s Day. They’re soft, chewy and taste as good as they look!
So it’s exactly one month until Valentine’s Day, and I decided to mark the occasion by making a batch of these pink, powdered-sugar coated cookies. Actually, I didn’t really do this intentionally. I happened to find a tub of unopened Cool Whip in the fridge that we never got around to using, and when I saw a box of strawberry cake mix in the store, I remembered how much the kids love crinkle cookies.
I haven’t made these in a long time, but they’re super easy — really! You just mix the whipped topping with an egg and a box of cake mix, roll the dough in the powdered sugar and bake them. I’ve made peppermint, chocolate and lemon crinkle cookies before, but these are probably the cutest ones of all.
I’m not even a big fan of the color pink, but around Valentine’s Day, it’s everywhere, and so I gave in. And you know, these cookies even smell pink — almost like cotton candy — and they taste pretty good too!
How to Make Easy Strawberry Crinkle Cookies
- 1 box strawberry cake mix (any brand)
- 1 8-oz tub of whipped topping (thawed)
- 1 egg
- Powdered sugar for rolling cookies
- Decorative sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease baking sheets and set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, slightly beat the egg, and then add the cake mix and whipped topping
- Mix ingredients well, and roll small portions into powdered sugar until well coated
- Place cookies on greased baking sheets, about 1 inch apart, and add sprinkles
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are firm but not brown
- Let cool, and enjoy
If you decide to make these cookies, be sure to remove your rings first — They are messy and very gooey. The powdered sugar helps make them less sticky, but you’ll want to keep a bunch of paper towels handy. It’s fun, though!
The kids were pretty excited to have a treat waiting for them after school. We’ve been super good about eating light lately, and I haven’t done that since before the holidays. But, you gotta have a cheat day every now and then, right?
Have you started making any crafts or treats for Valentine’s Day yet? I know it’s early, but time flies!