These no bake Bourbon Balls are loaded with flavor and incredibly easy to make. These little cookies are perfect for the holidays and always disappear fast!
So, I’ve been going through my grandma’s old recipes, and I came across one for Bourbon Balls. She used to make these every Christmas, and even though I don’t drink the stuff, I just had to give this recipe a try. I guess I was feeling sentimental, but I’m so glad I made them because these little holiday treats are incredibly good! My grandmother was the baker of the family, and she used to make nearly all of the Christmas treats each year. My mom and I made sugar cookies, but that was about it — the rest was all done by Grandma.
After she was gone, my dad decided to try making the bourbon balls. Now, he’s definitely not a baker. In fact, the only cooking he really does is on the grill. But, since bourbon balls are super easy to make, he figured that he could easily do this.
So he got everything together in the bowl, and then he decided the mixture could use more bourbon. So he added more and a little bit more, until he was left with a sticky, gooey mess — good times! And he pretty much gave up on making any type of cookies after that!
This is why I just had to try the recipe out for myself. But I was good and didn’t add anything extra — except sprinkles. Gotta have sprinkles for the holidays. And I’m happy to say they turned out just fine this time!
Ingredients for Bourbon Balls
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafer cookies
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- granulated sugar (for rolling the balls)
- candy sprinkles for decoration (optional)
- Add the crushed cookies, powdered sugar, chopped walnuts and cocoa powder to a large mixing bowl
- Stir in the corn syrup and bourbon, and mix well
- Take small portions of the mixture and roll into 1-inch balls
- Roll balls in granulated sugar and sprinkles and place on cookie sheet until mixture has been rolled into cookies
These little treats are definitely not for the kiddos, but they’re perfect for holiday parties or for gifting to your friends and coworkers.