Easy Peppermint Mocha Cookies are soft, chewy, fudgy and perfect for holiday baking. These cake mix cookies taste just like your favorite peppermint mocha!
Like peppermint mocha coffee? Then, you'll love these soft and chewy chocolate peppermint mocha cookies!
These chocolate cake mix cookies are bursting with chocolate chips and peppermint flavor in every bite. So, they make awesome Christmas cookies! And, they are super easy to make!
I'm all about baking from scratch. But, there are definitely times when you just need to take a shortcut, especially during holiday baking marathons.
But these, peppermint cookies are extra special! Not only are these chocolate cookies easy to make, but they're also incredibly fool-proof. And the texture is just perfect!
How to Make Chocolate Cookies from Cake Mix
Making cookies from a cake mix is super easy, and you only need a few ingredients:
- Chocolate cake mix
- Milk, or in this case, peppermint coffee creamer
- Melted butter
- Chocolate chips
- Peppermint extract
- Peppermint baking chips for decorating (optional)
The main difference between making cookies from cake mix instead of a cake is you use less liquid. So, instead of a full cup of creamer or milk, you only need a couple of teaspoons here.
Just mix everything together in a mixing bowl, and fold in your chocolate chips last. Then, scoop up the dough, and place it on your cookie sheets.
I use parchment paper or silicone mats for easy clean up. It's not necessary, but it definitely helps, and the cookies don't stick!
I added extra chocolate chips and peppermint baking chips for extra flavor and a pop of color. This part is optional, but really, friends, it makes a huge difference.
Instead of just plain chocolate peppermint cookies, you have a cookie that really does resemble a peppermint mocha! Tastes like one too!
More Holiday Peppermint Recipes
Easy Peppermint Mocha Cookies Recipe
Easy Peppermint Mocha Cookies
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 teaspoons Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer or milk
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips plus extra for topping cookies
- peppermint baking chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, and beat slightly
- Stir in the cake mix, melted butter, peppermint extract and peppermint mocha coffee creamer, and mix until well combined
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Drop by rounded tablespoonful onto cookie sheet, leaving about 2 inches between cookies
- Place several peppermint baking chips and chocolate chips on top of each cookie
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are slightly firm
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
Recipe was originally published as a sponsored post in Nov 2016 and updated as a non sponsored post with new pictures and instructions in Nov 2019