These Easy Peppermint Mocha Cookies are soft, chewy and perfect for the holiday season. It’s like sipping a peppermint mocha with every bite!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
I’m definitely a coffee lover. I have to have that first cup in the morning in order to function, and I always enjoy a second (and sometimes third) cup later in the day. And, I can’t drink my coffee straight,either. I have to have creamer.
In the fall, it’s all about pumpkin spice-flavored creamer, and in the winter, it’s definitely all about peppermint mocha.
As much as I love buying coffee from the coffee shop, I can’t afford to do that every day. So I just stock up on my favorite flavors, like International Delight® Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer, and I can enjoy the taste of peppermint mocha whenever I want.
I’m such a fan of these coffee creamers that I even use them for baking – seriously. If a recipe calls for milk, I’ll just substitute the flavored creamer in place of the milk. And that’s exactly what I did with these scrumptious peppermint mocha cookies.
Now, I’m all about baking from scratch, but there are definitely times when you just need to take a shortcut, especially during holiday baking marathons. And honestly, you can’t beat soft, chewy cake mix cookies. Not only are they easy to make, but they’re also incredibly fool-proof. And the texture is just perfect!
I have several cake mix cookie recipes on the blog, but this one is new. It’s still easy, though. I used peppermint extract and peppermint mocha creamer to give these cookies extra flavor. But the peppermint isn’t overwhelming. In fact, these cookies really do taste like peppermint mochas — seriously!
When the cookies were done, I topped them off with a drizzle of white chocolate and a sprinkle of crushed peppermint candies. This part is optional, but really, friends, it makes a huge difference. Instead of just plain chocolate peppermint cookies, you have a cookie that really does resemble a peppermint mocha!
How to Make Easy Peppermint Mocha Cookies
Easy Peppermint Mocha Cookies
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 teaspoons International Delight® Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups white chocolate morsels
- crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, and beat slightly
- Stir in the cake mix, melted butter, peppermint extract and peppermint mocha coffee creamer, and mix until well combined
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Drop by rounded tablespoonful onto cookie sheet, leaving about 2 inches between cookies
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until edges are slightly firm
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely
- Melt white chocolate morsels, according to package directions, and use a fork to drizzle over the cooled cookies. Top with crushed peppermint candies for garnish
Happy Baking, friends!