Crock-Pot Enchilada Chicken Sliders are spicy, creamy, cheesy and perfect for a quick and easy family dinner that’s a little different from the usual.
Tired of the same chicken dinner over and over again? Looking for something a little different for dinner tonight? Bonus points if you love enchiladas but don’t feel like making them!
If you’re nodding your head, you’ll love these easy enchilada chicken sliders! They have all of the flavor of chicken enchiladas, but they’re so much easier to make. And because you use the shredded chicken to make sliders instead of enchiladas, it’s definitely different!
This was my dilemma a few days ago. I had chicken all ready to make sliders in the slow cooker, but I couldn’t decide what kind of sliders to make — and I have a lot of slider recipes on the blog! I found a can of enchilada sauce in the pantry, and since I didn’t want to go all out and make enchiladas, I made sandwiches, instead.
If you want delicious enchilada flavor without the work, I’ve got more ideas for you:
- Easy Enchilada Chicken Bake
- One Pan Creamy Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- Southwestern Lasagna
- Cheesy Salsa Verde Chicken Bake
So, back to these easy, cheesy sliders. All you do is add the chicken to your Crock-Pot, pour on the sauce and cream cheese, and let your slow cooker make dinner for you.
When the chicken is done, you shred it, add some cheese, assemble the sliders, and dinner is served. Really, it’s that easy!
My family doesn’t like spicy food as much as I do, so the cream cheese takes the heat level down a notch. If that’s not a problem for you, you can easily leave it out.
You can also use the meat or leftover chicken to make other quick and easy dinners. For example:
- Chicken enchiladas
- Chicken enchilada casseroles
I used the leftovers tonight to make a quick and easy enchilada casserole that was a big hit with the family. Don’t worry, I’ve got recipes for these coming right up!
Recipe for Crock-Pot Enchilada Chicken Sliders
Crock-Pot Enchilada Chicken Sliders
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onions
- 1 10-oz can mild red enchilada sauce about 1 cup
- 1 8-oz cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- slider buns
- Spray Crock-Pot with non-stick cooking spray
- Add chicken breasts, and season with salt, pepper and onions
- Add with enchilada sauce and cream cheese
- Cover, and cook on high for 2 1/2 hours or until internal temperature is at least 165 degrees, according to meat thermometer
- Shred chicken, and top with shredded cheese
- Cover, and cook on low for 30 minutes or until cheese melts and you are ,ready to eat
- Add chicken to small slider buns, and top with sliced cheddar cheese, if desired
I hope you get a chance to try these easy Crock-Pot enchilada chicken sliders soon. My family loved them, and I hope you will, too!
Sharing at Weekend Potluck