Crock Pot Olive Garden Chicken Pasta is an easy slow cooker chicken recipe with penne pasta cream cheese, Olive Garden dressing and Parmesan cheese. The whole family will love this easy meal -- perfect for busy weeknights!
Slow Cooker Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
If you're looking for easy slow cooker recipes, this Olive Garden crockpot chicken recipe is for you. Not only is this creamy pasta dish incredibly easy, but it's also incredibly delicious.
The entire family loved this easy meal. Some went back for seconds. One went back for thirds. It is actually that good!
Tender chicken and pasta in a creamy cheesy sauce -- what could be better than this?!
Check out more easy crock pot recipes to make for dinner tonight!
Crockpot Chicken Pasta Ingredients
There are just a few simple ingredients in this slow cooker Olive Garden chicken pasta recipe. You can find them in most grocery stores. Exact amounts are in printable recipe card below.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts -- You can sub chicken tenders or chicken thighs if you prefer dark meat.
- Olive Garden salad dressing -- You'll need a small bottle of this creamy dressing. Regular Italian dressing won't work.
- Pasta -- Penne pasta is my favorite pasta for this easy recipe, but you can sub ziti, rotini or cellentani noodles, instead.
- Cream cheese -- 1 block of cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- Parmesan cheese -- I love to shred my own Parm, but you can buy pre-shredded cheese.
- Garlic powder -- optional, but adds extra garlicky flavor
- Half and half -- optional, but you can add a little cream, or milk or heavy cream or chicken broth if you want a little more sauce.
How to Make Crockpot Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
First, spray the bottom of the slow cooker with non stick cooking spray. Then, place chicken on the bottom of the crock pot.
Sprinkle the garlic powder over the chicken pieces.
Then, pour the whole bottle of Italian dressing on top of the chicken, and cover with the lid.
Cook chicken for 2-3 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low. Chicken is done when the internal temperature is 165 degrees f according to a meat thermometer.
Total cook time may vary with different slow cookers.
When chicken is done, cook penne pasta according to package directions. You can do this on the stove, or make pasta in the Instant Pot.
Shred chicken with 2 forks. Then, add the cooked chicken and cooked pasta back to the slow cooker.
Cut the cream cheese into large cubes, and add to the chicken mixture.
Then, sprinkle ¼ cup of grated Parmesan on top of the pasta, and mix well.
If you think the pasta mixture is a little dry, stir in ½ cup to 1 cup half and half.
Cover and cook on low for an additional 30 minutes or until cream cheese is melted and creamy.
You can sprinkle on more Parmesan cheese before serving.
What to Serve with Olive Garden Pasta
We love to serve this creamy chicken pasta with a simple salad topped with Olive Garden dressing. All you need are bread sticks or homemade garlic bread to round out this delicious dinner.
If you don't want salad, try microwave broccoli or peas.
How to Store and Reheat leftovers
Refrigerate leftover chicken and pasta in an airtight container for up to 4 days. You can reheat larger portions in the oven or individual portions in the microwave.
This delicious pasta dish freezes well for up to 3 months.
Other versions of this crock pot Olive garden chicken pasta have you cook the cream cheese along with the chicken. I prefer adding the cheese later, but you can do what works for you.
There are 2 sizes of Olive Garden dressing. If you buy the larger bottle, only use 2 cups dressing. Otherwise, the tangy dressing may overpower the pasta.
There is not a ton of the creamy sauce. That's why I recommend adding additional liquid if you like more sauce.
Be sure to use a large slow cooker (6-7 quart slow cooker works well) for this crockpot pasta as it makes a lot!
Crock Pot Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 16 oz Olive Garden salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 16 oz penne pasta
- 8 oz cream cheese softened and cut into cubes
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
- ½ cup half and half optional
- Spray the bottom of the slow cooker with non stick spray
- Place chicken into the crock pot and sprinkle garlic powder over chicken
- Pour the entire bottle of dressing over the chicken, and cover
- Cook for 2-3 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low or until chicken is 165℉ internally
- Cook pasta according to directions on package, and drain
- Shred chicken with 2 forks
- Mix shredded chicken, cooked pasta, cubed cream cheese and ¼ cup Parm together in the slow cooker. Add half and half
- Cover and cook for an additional 30 minutes on low or until cream cheese is melted and pasta is heated through. Top with more Parmesan before serving
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
I hope you enjoy this easy slow cooker recipe as much as we do! For more crock pot recipes and easy dinners the family will love, sign up for the weekly newsletter and follow me on social media.