Easy Banana Oatmeal Cookies are soft, chewy, and you can make them with chocolate chips or plain. Perfect for snacking!
I found this recipe for banana oatmeal cookies among my grandma's old recipes. They are super easy to make, and you only need one bowl for mixing.
Did I mention how good they taste? These little bites of deliciousness are soft, chewy and perfect for munching during lunch break or after school or for dessert!
My kids ate these little banana cookies right up. So, this cookie recipe is going into our regular rotation, along with the Best Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, Frosted Banana Bread Cookies and Cake Mix Banana Cookies!
How to Make Banana Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Chips
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Then mash up a couple of bananas on a paper plate, and set aside.
Cream your butter and sugar together. Then, beat in the egg, and add your mashed banana, vanilla extract and oats.
I used quick oats because that's what we had. But old fashioned rolled oats are fine.
Next, add the flour and remaining dry ingredients. Then, go ahead and mix until well blended.
We added chocolate chips because most of us are chocolate lovers. We also made some cookies without chocolate because we're nice and considerate like that! Personally, I think the chocolate chip cookies taste better!
Use a tablespoon to drop the cookie dough onto lined cookie sheets. You can use foil, parchment paper or silicone baking mats -- clean-up is so much easier!
Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges are firm and the tops are slightly brown. They'll be soft right out of the oven, but they firm up as they cool down.
How to Store the Cookies
Store these banana oatmeal cookies covered on a plate or in an airtight container. They do not need to be refrigerated, and they'll stay soft and fresh for a few days -- if they last that long!
Banana Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
Easy Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- ¾ cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas 2 large or 3 small
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cup oats
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together softened butter and sugar, then add egg
- Mix in mashed bananas, vanilla extract and oats
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon, and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips, and use tablespoon to drop dough onto lined cookie sheets, and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are firm and cookies are light brown.