These quick and Easy Beef and Black Bean Burritos take 20 minutes to make and are ideal when you need dinner in a hurry on busy weeknights!
I can’t believe I’ve never posted this easy beef and black bean burrito recipe before, because honestly, we eat these a lot! In fact, it’s one of my favorite quick-fix dinners to make when I’m especially rushed or too tired to make anything else, which happens way too often.
Even though I try my best to plan out our dinners and actually follow my own meal plans, life happens — know what I mean? And actually, I wanted to post the recipe so I could include these on my weekly meal plans. Even though these burritos are super simple to make, my family absolutely loves them, and even the picky eaters gobble them right up!
Whenever I make burritos, I like to keep things as simple as possible. I add onions, diced jalapenos, my own blend of seasonings, beef, black beans and a little water. And that’s it.
Sometimes, I’ll leave the beans out, but they’re great for stretching out the beef and making this a very budget friendly meal. It’s so budget friendly that I can usually get two dinners out of the beef and bean mixture! So if you’re on a budget, ground beef and bean burritos are the way to go.
The nice thing about keeping the basic beef and bean mixture simple is that you can go kind of crazy with the toppings. I like to set out a mix of cheese, lettuce, guacamole, salsa and sour cream and let everyone go to town.
Most of us include a little bit of everything on our burritos, and the picky ones have the bare minimum. Whatever works!
How to Make Easy Beef and Black Bean Burritos
Easy Beef and Black Bean Burritos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika or ground chili power
- 1 cup water
- 1 16-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- large burrito size tortillas
- In a medium skillet, saute the onions and diced jalapenos until slightly soft
- Add ground beef, and cook until brown
- Drain any fat from beef, and stir in seasonings
- Add water and black beans, cover and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes or until water is mostly absorbed
- Warm large tortillas on griddle, if desired, and fill each with small amount of beef and bean mixture and desired toppings. Roll up and serve immediately
These easy beef and black bean burritos are my family’s favorite kind. What’s yours?