These Crispy Sausage Egg Breakfast Burritos are hearty enough for breakfast, brunch or brinner and freezer friendly so you can make them ahead of time, too!
Have you ever had breakfast burritos? They’re a lot like the burritos you have for lunch or dinner, except that you use eggs, instead of meat, to fill the tortillas. You can add some breakfast sausage to the eggs, throw in some veggies and maybe some hash browns or fried potatoes.
We’ve been making these sausage and egg burritos for breakfast since way, way back. See, we figured out that while the kids don’t really like eggs, they’ll eat almost anything wrapped in a tortilla! Actually, I’m gonna be completely honest here and let you know that the Hubs makes them. I do the pancakes, muffins and French toast, but he’s the egg man.
If you like sausage and eggs for breakfast, check these recipes out:
- low carb sausage egg breakfast scramble,
- cheesy sausage and egg cups
- sausage and egg breakfast sandwich
Anyway, this is an easy recipe for breakfast burritos that uses just four main ingredients:
- Scrambled eggs
- Breakfast sausage
- Shredded cheese
- Flour tortillas
So first, you make the sausage. Then, you make the eggs. Then, you start making the burritos!
You could easily stop there, but we like to take these breakfast burritos to a different level and give them a crispy texture. So after rolling the burritos, you heat them up in a skillet for a little bit until they’re golden brown and crisp on the outside.
It’s an extra step, but it’s so worth it!
You can eat these crispy sausage egg breakfast burritos right away, or you can freeze them for later. They’re perfect for a grab and go breakfast during the week, especially during the school year.
If your mornings are as crazy as ours are, you’ll love these crispy breakfast burritos as a make-ahead breakfast! And if you want to spice things up, try making these crispy salsa verde breakfast burritos. We love them almost more than the original version!
How to Make Crispy Sausage Egg Breakfast Burritos
Crispy Sausage Egg Breakfast Burritos
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 10 eggs, beaten together
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- Crumble and cook the sausage in a large skillet until brown. Drain grease, place sausage on paper towel-lined plate, cover and set aside
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter, add eggs, salt and pepper, and cook over medium heat, stirring continuously, until mostly set and no longer runny
- Stir in sausage, then remove from heat
- Add some of the egg mixture to the middle of a tortilla, top with some of the cheese, fold sides, and roll up
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter on a griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Place burrito in pan, and cook for about 1 minute per side or until golden brown
- Repeat process until all burritos are made, and serve immediately
If you’re looking an easy grab and go breakfast, give these crispy sausage egg breakfast burritos a try.