There are no tricks to make this Easy Halloween Candy Bark. It's a frightfully fun treat to eat and share with little ghouls and goblins everywhere!
Every year, we like to experiment with making new treats for Halloween. The kids and I made some seriously adorable Halloween marshmallow pops last year that were almost too cute to eat. We also made a batch of candy-coated Halloween pretzels.
So for this year's treat, we decided to make some fun Halloween candy bark. We've made peppermint bark for Christmas and red, white and blue bark for the Fourth of July. It's fun, festive and it's so simple.
For this bark, we used semi sweet chocolate chips and two different colors of candy coating. The kids voted on using bright green and orange candy coating, so those are the colors we went with. I also bought some Halloween-themed candies and sprinkles to add to the top. I wanted to add some candy eyeballs, but I couldn't find any in the stores.
Maybe next year I should start buying all my supplies in August!
Basically, all you have to do is melt different types of chocolate and swirl them together to form layers and patterns. We set the chocolate layer down first, and then we used a toothpick to swirl the other two colors in with the chocolate.
You can add flavorings, sprinkles, candy or pretty much whatever you want. When the bark firms up, it's ready to eat. How easy is that?!
How To Make Easy Halloween Candy Bark
Easy Halloween Candy Bark
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups green candy melts
- 2 cups orange candy melts
- assorted fall or Halloween candies
- Place semi sweet chocolate chips, green candy melts and orange candy melts in separate microwaveable bowls, and melt according to package directions
- Pour melted chocolate onto a wax-paper lined baking sheet, and carefully spread with knife or spatula
- Pour orange and green melted candy coating on top and around chocolate, and swirl together with a toothpick
- Top with your favorite Halloween candies, and refrigerate until firm
- Cut into pieces, serve and enjoy
Easy Halloween Candy Bark is festive enough for parties, but you can also enjoy it for a dessert or treat anytime. You can also make some after Halloween and use up some of that leftover candy!