Fiesta Chicken Casserole is an easy chicken casserole recipe with rice, rotisserie chicken, corn, black beans, salsa and lots of cheese. A delicious dinner the whole family loves!
Looking for an easy chicken recipe for dinner tonight? Have leftover rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken to use up?
I've got you covered with this easy fiesta chicken casserole recipe! With just a few minutes of prep time and pantry staples, you can get this easy dinner on the table in no time.
My family loves this chicken dinner, and it's a nice change from the usual chicken and rice casserole or chicken bakes with pasta. This easy casserole is pretty much a complete meal, but you can add a simple side salad if you like!
Fiesta Chicken and Rice Casserole Ingredients
You should be able to find these simple ingredients in your grocery store if you don't have them at home. Full amounts are listed in the printable recipe card below.
- Cooked chicken -- leftover or rotisserie chicken or canned chicken
- Rice -- I use Minute rice, but you can use cooked rice or any parboiled Instant rice.
- Cream of chicken soup -- adds creaminess to the casserole
- Salsa -- look for a thick or chunky salsa. You can use a can of green chiles and diced tomatoes (Rotel) or plain diced tomatoes.
- Sour cream -- for the creamy sauce
- Black beans
- Canned corn
- Taco seasoning -- I make homemade taco seasoning, but a packet will work
- Shredded cheese -- Use cheddar cheese or Mexican blend cheese
Use your favorite taco toppings with the casserole. We like green onions, cilantro, fresh tomatoes, extra sour cream and guacamole.
How to Make Fiesta Chicken Casserole
In a large bowl, mix the soup, sour cream, salsa and taco seasoning until well combined.
Next, add the cooked chicken, rice, black beans and corn. Mix well.
Spray a 9x13 inch pan or casserole dish with cooking spray. Spread the chicken mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish.
Sprinkle the cheese on top of the casserole. If you feel the need for more cheese, you can go ahead and add more!
Bake the casserole for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the casserole is golden brown and bubbly.
How to Store, Make Ahead and Reheat Leftovers
Store leftover cheesy chicken casserole in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. You can freeze the casserole for up to 3 months for longer storage.
You can also prepare the casserole a day ahead of time, cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate and bake when you are ready to use it. If you want to make and freeze this casserole ahead of time, omit the cheese, and add before baking.
Reheat individual portions in your microwave. You can reheat larger portions in the casserole dish in your oven at 300 degrees until heated through.
If you don't have leftover cooked chicken, make baked chicken breasts and chop them up to use in your casserole. Chicken thighs also work.
You can add a little milk or cream to thin the chicken mixture if you don't want to use sour cream or if you are using diced tomatoes and not salsa.
More Easy Casserole Recipes
Grandma's tuna casserole is super easy -- just dump and bake! If you love Mexican flavors, try my Dorito chicken casserole or my slow cooker chicken enchilada casserole, and browse even more easy casseroles your family will love!
Fiesta Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup salsa thick
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup instant rice parboiled rice
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can sweet corn drained and rinsed
- 3 cups cooked chicken cubed
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 375℉ and spray 9x13 baking dish with non stick cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl, add the soup, salsa, sour cream and taco seasoning, and mix well
- Add the rice, beans, corn and cooked chicken, and stir until well combined
- Spread the chicken mixture evenly in the prepared baking dish
- Top with shredded cheese
- Cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
For more delicious recipes perfect for busy weeknights, sign up for the weekly newsletter and follow me on social media.