This Easy Baked Chicken Breasts recipe is made with a few simple ingredients and takes 20 minutes in the oven. Use for salad, sandwiches or a light dinner!
This is the best baked chicken recipe to make when you need cooked chicken breasts for salads, sandwiches or casseroles. It's super easy, uses just a few simple ingredients and makes a healthy low-carb dinner on it's own.
Everyone needs a basic recipe for plain chicken, and this oven baked chicken recipe is exactly that. Whenever I decided to make our favorite cranberry apple chicken salad or lemon chicken apple salad, I just throw a few chicken breasts on a baking sheet, and I have perfectly cooked chicken in less than 30 minutes.
It's much easier than cutting up a whole chicken, especially since my picky eaters don't like dark meat. I keep the seasonings super simple so that I can any leftover chicken in just about any recipe that calls for already cooked chicken. Makes dinner super easy!
Is Baked chicken healthy?
This is a healthy baked chicken recipe. It uses boneless skinless chicken breasts, a little bit of olive oil and simple seasonings. That's all.
How do you bake chicken in the oven
Just add a little bit of olive oil to a baking sheet, and rub some of the oil over the chicken. I like to use foil to line the baking sheet for easy clean-up, but you don't need to.
Season the chicken all over with sea salt, garlic powder and pepper. Then, sprinkle some herbes de Provence on the chicken, and bake it.
Herbes de Provence is one of my favorite seasoning blends because it gives chicken a light, fresh flavor, and it's not overpowering. Add a couple of lemon slices, and you've got lemon chicken. If you can't find it, Italian seasoning works well, too.
How long do you bake chicken
Chicken needs to bake until the internal temperature of cooked chicken reaches 165 degrees. So, the cooking time will vary depending upon what type of chicken you're using and what temperature you're baking it at. You can learn more about safe cooking times for meat and seafood on this food safety chart.
How long does it take to bake chicken at 425
Baked boneless skinless chicken breasts take about 15 to 20 minutes to reach the minimum safe internal temperature of 165 degrees. At this temperature, the chicken will still be juicy, and the juices should run clear.
If the chicken is extra large or thick, it may take 25 minutes to cook. For best results, use a good meat thermometer.
More easy baked chicken breast recipes
- Sheet pan lemon herb chicken dinner
- Sheet pan lemon butter chicken and asparagus
- Baked honey mustard curry chicken
- Sheet pan honey mustard chicken dinner
Easy Oven Baked Chicken Breasts Recipe
Easy Baked Chicken Breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts 2 pounds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Pour olive oil on a rimmed baking sheet, and rub some over chicken
- Season chicken with sea salt, garlic powder and pepper, and place chicken, evenly spaced on baking sheet
- Sprinkle herbes de Provence over chicken, and bake for 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, according to a meat thermometer
- Cover, and allow to rest for about 5 minutes before slicing. Or, serve as is for a main dinner dish
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
I hope you enjoy this easy baked chicken recipe as much as we do!