This Instant Pot Chicken Spaghetti recipe is creamy, cheesy and perfect when you want a quick and easy dinner that's also kid friendly!
This pasta recipe makes a lot of food, which is a good thing when you want leftovers for later. Top the spaghetti with cheese, bake it, and you've got a whole different dinner!
Unlike my Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta, there's no tomato sauce in this recipe. I use diced tomatoes, cream and lots of cheese. I also added some cooked bacon, so it's kind of like our favorite Instant Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta.
How to Make Creamy Chicken Spaghetti in the Pressure Cooker
First, cut up you chicken into roughly 1 ½-inch pieces. Then, sauté the chicken for just a couple of minutes in the Instant Pot.
You don't want to cook the meat completely. Just cook until it's no longer pink.
Season the meat as it cooks. If you want, you can save some of the spices to add to the different layers. I like to measure out the seasonings in a small bowl and add some as I go along.
Next, turn the pot off, making sure there isn't any meat sticking to the bottom of the pot. You can add a little of the chicken broth to deglaze the pot if you need to.
Break up the spaghetti noodles in half. Then, layer them in a criss-cross pattern on top of the chicken.
I used thin spaghetti for this recipe, and it worked really well. It doesn't take as long to cook, and it was perfectly done. If you only have regular spaghetti, it's fine to use that.
Now, pour chicken broth all over the noodles. Press down with a spatula to get the noodles as covered with broth as you can.
Then, pour the canned diced tomatoes over the pasta. Spread them out to cover the noodles, but don't stir! You'll do that after pressure cooking.
Here's how everything looks. Now, put the lid on, and pressure cook for 4 minutes.
After the pasta is done, do a quick release. I never have trouble with liquids spraying out in my 8 quart, which is what I'm using here. If you're using a 6 quart or liquid does start spraying, you can do a gradual quick release to prevent a mess all over your kitchen.
Then, stir the spaghetti, and keep stirring to remove any clumps of spaghetti that may have gotten stuck together. If you're using thin spaghetti, it breaks up very easily.
Add the heavy cream and 1 cup of cheese at a time. Keep stirring until it's all nice and melted. It may look soupy, but believe me, the liquid gets absorbed as it sits.
I threw in some chopped bacon for extra flavor. I've also added frozen, slightly thawed peas for a one pot meal.
You can also add more cheese if you want it cheesier. Just add it one cup at a time for easier mixing.
If you have a Duo Crisp or crisp lid, you can layer cheese on top and broil it. Yum!
This cheesy chicken pasta is absolutely delicious. It's creamy, flavorful and definitely comfort food.
Noodle lovers, this one's for you! My family of pasta lovers absolutely loved this chicken dinner, and I hope you do too!
Spice it Up
Easily Change the flavors of cheesy chicken spaghetti.
- Use Rotel instead of diced tomatoes or add diced green chiles
- Use sharp cheddar or Mexican blend cheese instead of Colby
- Add diced bell peppers for different flavor
- Mix in slightly thawed frozen peas or finely chopped broccoli for a one pot meal
May contain affiliate links. See disclosure for more information.
Instant Pot Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
Instant Pot Chicken Spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast cut into 1.5 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onions
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 16 ounces thin spaghetti noodles broken in half -- 1 regular box
- 32 ounces low sodium chicken broth 4 cups
- 15 ounces petite diced tomatoes 1 can, undrained
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups grated Colby Jack Cheese or cheddar. Use more if you want
- cooked chopped bacon (optional)
- Hit Sauté on the Instant Pot, and when it reads Hot, add the oil. Then add chicken, and season with dried onions, sea salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, paprika and pepper, and cook until no longer pink, stirring frequently
- Hit Cancel, make sure no meat is stuck to bottom of pot, and layer spaghetti noodles in criss cross pattern over chicken
- Pour chicken broth over noodles, press down with spatula to cover with liquid, and add diced tomatoes over pasta. Do not stir! Place lid on pot, make sure valve is on sealing position, and cook for 4 minutes. Pot will take a few minutes to pressurize. When pot beeps, do quick release or gradual release, then wait for pin to drop and open lid carefully
- Stir well, then pour in heavy cream, and gradually add 1 cup of cheese at a time, stirring until fully blended. Add bacon pieces if desired, and allow to sit and absorb some of the liquid before serving.