This Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti recipe made with leftover chicken in a creamy cheese sauce is super easy to make for a quick dinner anytime.
Chicken spaghetti is the ultimate comfort food. If you're looking for an easy chicken recipe for dinner, you'll love this baked pasta dish!
I changed up one of my mom's old chicken recipes and made it even easier by using leftover rotisserie chicken. Then, I made this baked spaghetti even better by adding lots of cheese and bacon. Yes, bacon!
How to Make Quick and Easy Chicken Spaghetti
What makes this recipe so easy is that you start off with cooked leftover chicken. You can use baked chicken breasts, leftover Instant Pot Whole Chicken, Roast Chicken or rotisserie chicken from the store.
First, cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Or, be a rebel like me and cook pasta in your Instant Pot!
While the pasta is cooking, cut up your chicken. You'll want about 3 cups for this recipe.
After the pasta is done, you can mix the remaining ingredients in a greased casserole dish or in the same pot you cooked the spaghetti in.
If you used the stove, you'll have to drain the water out first. If you use your pressure cooker for pasta, no need to drain the water. You can also make Chicken Spaghetti in the Instant Pot!
Mix all of your ingredients together and add some cheese. Then, cover the dish loosely with foil, and bake for about 30 minutes or until it's hot and bubbly.
Uncover the dish during the last 5 minutes or so, and add even more cheese. When the cheese is all melty and gooey, you're done!
From start to finish, this chicken spaghetti takes about an hour. I made it for the kids' lunchtime today, and I actually timed it, so yeah. Perfect even if you're kind of rushed!
Freeze the Spaghetti for Later
This recipe makes a lot of chicken spaghetti. I love that we can use leftovers, but if it's too much, you can freeze leftovers for later. Or, bake half of the spaghetti, and freeze the other half.
If you want a make ahead freezer meal, mix the ingredients together and save in a freezer bag or foil baking pan.
Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
- 3 cups cooked chicken cut up
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- 1 10-ounce can cream of chicken soup low sodium
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onions or diced onions
- 3 strips cooked bacon, chopped optional
- 4 cups shredded cheddar blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and cook spaghetti according to package directions or cook in the Instant Pot
- Mix cooked chicken with spaghetti, cream soup, diced tomatoes, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion and Italian seasoning, bacon, if using, and 2 cups of cheese, and transfer to 9 x 13 greased casserole dish
- Bake covered for 30 minutes or until dish is hot and bubbling. Remove cover, add remaining cups of cheese, or more, and bake until cheese is melted