Instant Pot Creamy Kielbasa Tortellini is an easy dinner recipe made in the pressure cooker with smoked sausage, tortellini pasta, peas and lots of cheese!
If you’re a fan of easy Instant Pot recipes, you’re going to love this Instant Pot tortellini and sausage. It’s creamy, cheesy and oh, so good! Even my pickiest picky eaters loved this dinner!
This creamy tortellini and sausage recipe is the pressure cooker version of one of my most popular recipes — One Pot One Pot Creamy Kielbasa Tortellini. I’ve been planning to try it in the pressure cooker for the longest time, but I didn’t know how long to cook tortellini in the Instant Pot.
I was worried that the tortellini would disintegrate in the pressure cooker, but I decided to get over it and try it out anyway! You guys, this Instant Pot version is even better than my old sausage tortellini skillet recipe!
How to make Instant Pot creamy kielbasa tortellini
I like to brown it for a little bit to bring out the flavor. Actually, you could skip this step if you want to, but if you do saute it, be sure to deglaze the pot with some of the water called for in the recipe before moving on to the next step.
Next, you add the tortellini and some seasonings to further enhance the flavor. And by the way, I use the large 20-ounce family pack of Buitoni tortellini.
If you can’t find that, you’ll need to use two smaller packs. You don’t need that brand, but you do need a large amount. Otherwise, you’ll get tortellini soup!
How long do you cook tortellini in the Instant Pot?
Not long at all! I cooked the tortellini on high pressure for just 2 minutes. You could probably do 3 minutes, but I wouldn’t go longer than that!
After the kielbasa tortellini is done pressure cooking, you stir in a little bit of frozen peas, some cream and a dab of Dijon mustard. Then, you add some shredded cheese, and stir until it’s all gooey and good!
And that’s all, folks! This easy cheesy dinner takes about 30 minutes to cook, and then you can dig right in.
If the sauce seems a little thin at first, don’t worry — It thickens up as it sits. You can also add more cheese or a different type of cheese if you want.
Recipe for Instant Pot Creamy Kielbasa Tortellini
Instant Pot Creamy Kielbasa Tortellini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1-pound package kielbasa, sliced
- 1 20-ounce package refrigerated tortellini
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onions
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Press SAUTE on the Instant Pot, and when it reads hot, add the olive oil and kielbasa slices
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly browned
- Hit CANCEl, and add enough water to deglaze the pot and scrape up any browned bits with a spatula
- Add the tortellini over the kielbasa, then add the garlic powder, onions and smoked paprika
- Pour the water around the sides and over the pasta, then cover with lid, and turn valve to sealing position
- Hit PRESSURE COOK for 2 minutes, and do a quick release when 2 minutes are up
- When pin drops, open lid, and stir in the frozen peas. Then stir in heavy cream and mustard, and gradually stir in cheddar cheese, one cup at a time
- Serve immediately. Cheese sauce will thicken as it sits.
Easy Instant Pot creamy kielbasa tortellini is one of our favorite easy dinners. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!