Instant Pot Grape Jelly Meatballs made with sweet chili sauce and grape jelly are perfect for a quick and easy appetizer recipe for parties or game day!
We were watching the playoffs the other day, and I made a bunch of Instant Pot appetizers to munch on. Seriously, all of the appetizers were Instant Pot recipes, including these easy 3 ingredient Instant Pot grape jelly meatballs. Good times!
These little appetizer meatballs have been around forever. Chances are, you've probably had slow cooker grape jelly meatballs made with Heinz sweet chili sauce or bbq sauce at a party or potluck. But these sweet and spicy Instant Pot meatballs are so much faster to make, and they taste just as good as the slow cooker version.
You can use frozen meatballs for this recipe, or you can make your own. As much as I love homemade cocktail party meatballs, I took the easy route this time. I had some Instant Pot queso dip and pineapple teriyaki chicken wings cooking, so it was frozen meatballs to the rescue!
How do you make meatballs with grape jelly in the Instant Pot?
I like to add a little oil to the bottom of the pot whenever I make Instant Pot meatballs. Then, you add the meatballs, water, grape jelly and sweet chili sauce. I only used a little over a cup of jelly here to cut down on the sweetness, but you can always add more if you want. You can also add a pinch of hot pepper flakes for added spice.
How long do you cook meatballs in the Instant Pot?
Both fresh and frozen meatballs take just 5 minutes to cook in the Instant Pot. If you want to make your own meatballs, I recommend browning them first.
After the meatballs are done, you can hit the Saute button to reduce the sauce. You can leave the meatballs on the Keep Warm setting until you're ready to serve them -- just like with a slow cooker.
Or, you can add the meatballs to a serving bowl and pour the sauce over them. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
And that's it, folks! You've just made a batch of sweet and spicy meatballs in the pressure cooker in about 30 minutes!
What do you serve with grape jelly meatballs?
For appetizer meatballs, serve them on their own. You can also serve them over pasta or rice for an easy main dish.
Instant Pot Grape Jelly Meatballs Recipe
Instant Pot Grape Jelly Meatballs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 36 frozen meatballs
- .5 cups water
- 1.5 cups grape jelly
- 1 bottle Heinz chili sauce
- Add the oil to the bottom of the inner Instant Pot, then add the meatballs and pour water over and around meatballs
- Add the grape jelly and chili sauce over the meatballs, but do not stir
- Place lid on Instant Pot, and turn vent to Sealing position, then hit PRESSURE COOK for 5 minutes
- Pot will take a few minutes to reach pressure, then begin counting down and cook for 5 minutes
- When pot beeps, do a quick release. When pin drops, open lid, and stir meatballs well.
- Optional -- to thicken sauce hit SAUTE and cook for about 5 minutes to reduce sauce. Hit Keep Warm and keep in pressure cooker until ready to serve or place in a large serving bowl
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
I hope you enjoy these quick and easy grape jelly meatballs as much as we do!