Sticky Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Wings are made with soy, pineapple, ginger, brown sugar and beer! Serve them for game day or an easy dinner anytime.
This recipe for sticky pineapple teriyaki chicken wings comes from my grandma’s recipe box, or bag, actually. And you guys, I am super excited about this one! She used to make these wings frequently when I was growing up, usually for an easy dinner on the weekends.
They’re absolutely lip-smacking delicious, and personally, I think these are the best sticky wings ever. But be warned – They’re also super messy! Just be sure to have plenty of napkins on hand, and you’ll be fine.
I first tried making these wings last year, soon after I found the recipe, and I’m sorry to say that it was a huge letdown! The flavor was the same, but the consistency was completely different. The sauce was thin and runny instead of thick and sticky, and it was nothing like I remembered.
But today, I got it right. Finally. And friends, that’s why I’m so excited!
Looking for more easy sticky chicken recipes? I have a few of them here:
- Honey Chipotle Chicken Tenders
- Honey Sriracha Chicken Tenders
- Honey Lime Chipotle Chicken Wings
- Crock-Pot Honey Chipotle Chicken Sliders
- Skillet Apricot Glazed Chicken
Actually, I owe today’s success to the Hubs. See, the recipe calls for pineapple juice, and I was using the juice from a can of pineapple chunks. We always have canned pineapple in the pantry, so I just used the juice and saved the pineapple for later.
The Hubs remembers drinking plain pineapple juice as a kid, so he suggested trying that. It’s thicker than the other kind, and voila — It worked!
Making the pineapple teriyaki wings is super easy. Just make the marinade, and let the chicken marinate for a few hours. Then brown the wings in a skillet, add the marinade, and let it all simmer together until the sauce is thick and sticky.
And, honestly, the longer the wings sit, the better they taste. So whenever you’re ready, just dig right in!
These delicious sticky Asian-style chicken wings are perfect for a game day appetizer or whenever you want an easy chicken dinner. But don’t forget the napkins!
Recipe for Sticky Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Wings
Sticky Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Wings
- 36 chicken wings or drummettes
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup beer
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onions
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place wings in a large zip-top bag or glass bowl
- In a medium bowl, add the remaining ingredients, except for the olive oil, and whisk together until well combined
- Pour marinade over chicken, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours
- Add olive oil to a hot skillet, then add chicken and brown on both sides
- Add marinade to skillet, and heat until boiling and let sauce gradually reduce
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until internal temperature is at least 160 degrees, according to meat thermometer. Let simmer over low heat until ready to serve
I hope you enjoy these sticky pineapple teriyaki chicken wings as much as we do!
Shared at Weekend Potluck