Instant Pot Tuna Noodle Casserole made from scratch with pasta, peas and carrots in a cheesy creamy sauce is a quick and easy dinner in under 30 minutes.
This Instant Pot Tuna Noodle Casserole made from scratch without cream soup is quick, easy and delicious! If you’re looking for easy Instant Pot recipes, you’ll love this cheesy tuna casserole!
If you’ve ever had old fashioned tuna noodle casserole, you know it’s definitely comfort food. Back in the day, my mom made this and a lot of other recipes with canned tuna, including Tuna Helper and tuna fish patties — especially during Lent when we ate meatless meals often.
So this is basically homemade tuna helper made in the pressure cooker. You could also say it’s a healthy tuna noodle casserole since it’s made without heavy canned soup or boxed mixes.
This recipe is also budget friendly and done in 30 minutes, so it’s perfect for busy weeknights. Best of all, even my pickiest eater liked it!
How to Make Tuna Noodle Casserole from Scratch in the Instant Pot
Since the tuna is already cooked, you basically just dump everything into the pressure cooker and press start. Add the egg noodles first, then some low sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth.
You could also use water if you want. I just like the extra flavor you get from using broth.
Next, add the seasonings. I love adding herbes de Provence when I make cook with chicken or turkey, so I used some here. If you can’t find it, that’s fine. It just adds a little extra flavor.
After pressure cooking, stir in mixed vegetables, cream and shredded cheese. I used a cheddar blend here, but I like using colby jack or Monterey jack, too.
The casserole might look like it has too much liquid, but don’t worry. It will definitely thicken up as it cools down.
And that’s all, folks! Time to dig in and enjoy this super cheesy easy tuna casserole!
How long is leftover tuna noodle casserole good for?
When refrigerated, tuna casserole should last for 3 to 4 days — if it isn’t gone by then. You can always freeze leftovers for longer storage.
More egg noodle casserole recipes
- Instant Pot Turkey Noodle Casserole
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Casserole
- One Pot Turkey Noodle Casserole
Instant Pot Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe
Instant Pot Tuna Noodle Casserole
- 12 ounces egg noodles uncooked
- 32 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 10 ounces canned tuna drained, 2 5-oz cans
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence optional
- 1 cup mixed vegetables thawed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups shredded cheese
- Add the egg noodles to the Instant Pot, then pour chicken broth over and around noodles
- Put tuna over noodles, and top with salt, pepper, dried onions, garlic powder and herbes de Provence
- Place lid on pressure cooker, turn vent to Sealing position, and hit PRESSURE COOK for 4 minutes
- Pot will take a few minutes to reach pressure, then count down and cook. When pot beeps, do a quick release
- When pin drops, carefully open lid, and stir in mixed vegetables
- Stir in heavy cream, and gradually stir in cheese, 1 cup at a time. Liquid will thicken as casserole cools
I hope you enjoy this cheesy Instant Pot tuna noodle casserole as much as we do!