Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Casserole is an easy dinner made with leftover chicken, egg noodles and vegetables in a creamy cheese sauce. Ready in 30 minutes!
If you like quick and easy chicken recipes, you’ll love this Instant Pot chicken noodle casserole! It’s one of our favorite easy Instant Pot recipes, and it’s made from scratch with leftover chicken, egg noodles and mixed vegetables in a cheesy cream sauce — no soup! Plus, it’s ready in just 30 minutes!
We make Instant Pot whole chicken once a week, so I’m always looking for easy leftover chicken recipes. As much as I love homemade chicken noodle soup, this chicken noodle casserole with egg noodles is much easier.
This quick chicken casserole recipe is definitely a dump and go Instant Pot dinner since there is virtually no prep work needed. Just add everything to the pot, pressure cook it, and stir in cream and cheese at the end. It’s the perfect easy dinner for crazy busy days!
How to make Instant Pot chicken noodle casserole
Just add your leftover cooked chicken to the Instant Pot. You can cut it into smaller pieces or tear it — whichever is easier.
Next, add the uncooked egg noodles, seasoning and chicken broth. The noodles may not be completely covered in broth, but this is fine. Just press the noodles down a little, and they’ll continue to cook even after the pressure cooking is over.
After pressure cooking, stir in mixed veggies. You can thaw them if you want, but the heat will cook them!
You might think there’s too much liquid, but believe me, it will quickly get absorbed. Egg noodles suck up a ton of liquid! Stir in some cream and shredded cheese, and you’re done!
I used a mix of shredded Parmesan cheese and Monterey Jack cheese, but you can use your favorites here. Nothing screams comfort food more than a big bowl of creamy chicken and noodles!
How long does leftover chicken last in the refrigerator?
To be safe, you should use up leftover chicken within 3 to 4 days.
Can you freeze leftover chicken?
Absolutely! If you think you have too much leftover chicken to use in the next few days, freeze it for later.
More easy leftover chicken recipes
- Cranberry Apple Chicken Salad Wraps
- Leftover BBQ Chicken Quesadillas
- Mini Caprese Chicken Quesadillas
- Spicy Pepper Jack Chicken Quesadillas
Recipe for creamy Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Casserole
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Casserole
- 3 cups cooked chicken cubed
- 1 12 ounce bag egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon Herbes de Provence seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onions
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- .5 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 32 ounces chicken broth or chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- .5 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Add the cooked chicken to the Instant Pot, and top with egg noodles
- Add Herbes de Provence, minced onions, sea salt, garlic powder and pepper, and pour chicken broth over and around egg noodles. Press down lightly with wooden spoon or spatula
- Place lid on Instant Pot, turn vent to Sealing, and hit PRESSURE COOK for 4 minutes
- Pot will take a few minutes to reach pressure, then cook for 4 minutes. When pot beeps, turn vent for a quick release
- When pin drops, remove lid, and stir. There will be liquid in the pot, but this will be absorbed the egg noodles.
- Stir in frozen vegetables, then stir in heavy cream. Stir in cheeses, one at a time, and mix until thick and creamy. Casserole will continue to get thick and creamier as it cools
I hope you enjoy this easy, creamy Instant Pot chicken noodle casserole as much as we do!