Leftover Chili Stuffed Peppers are a delicious way to use up extra chili. This quick and easy dinner is ready to eat in 20 minutes, requires minimal prep work, and clean-up is fast, too!
I've taken a slight break from my Instant Pot obsession to bring you this easy recipe for baked stuffed peppers. Well technically, it's really more of a semi break. See, these chili stuffed peppers are filled with leftovers from Instant Pot chili, but you can use any chili recipe for this!
We had tons of chili left over after I made two batches of Mom's Best Instant Pot Chili last week. Seriously. We also had several bell peppers that were taking up valuable fridge space. So, why not combine the leftover chili with the bell peppers and create a whole new dinner?! Brilliant, right?!
Actually, making stuffed peppers with leftover chili was actually my oldest baby's idea. She gets all of the credit for this recipe, although I definitely helped!
The best thing about this chili stuffed pepper recipe is that it's super fast and easy to make. All you really have to do is cut up the peppers and fill the cavities with the leftover chili. Then, you just bake them in the oven, top them with some shredded cheese, and that's it!
You can also top these stuffed peppers with your favorite chili toppings -- sour cream, avocado slices, guacamole. The sky's the limit!
We like our stuffed peppers with a firmer texture. I have not-so-fond memories of eating mushy boiled stuffed peppers as a kid, so I always bake my stuffed peppers until they're just slightly soft. If you want an even firmer texture, you can reheat the chili before stuffing the peppers and bake them for about 15 minutes.
Personally, I like to keep clean-up as easy as possible, so I bake the peppers on a foil-lined sheet pan. Easy peasy, right? Of course, you can also bake them in a casserole dish. Whatever works!
Looking for More Stuffed Pepper Recipes?
- Sheet Pan Italian Stuffed Peppers
- Sheet Pan Sriracha Beef Stuffed Peppers
Looking for More Ways to Use Leftovers?
How to Make Leftover Chili Stuffed Peppers
Leftover Chili Stuffed Peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium bell peppers, washed, seeded and sliced in half
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups leftover chili
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with foil, and spread olive oil over foil
- Sprinkle the insides of the peppers with sea salt, and place cut side up on baking sheet. I like to rub a little of the olive oil on the bottoms and cut sides of peppers
- Spoon chili into the peppers, and bake for 15 minutes
- Top with shredded cheese, and bake for additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and chili is heated through
These leftover chili stuffed peppers were a huge it with my family. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
Shared at Weekend Potluck