Easy Mayo Parmesan Chicken without breadcrumbs is a delicious recipe using chicken with mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese. An easy weeknight meal and a family favorite that is also budget friendly!
Mayo Parmesan chicken is such an easy recipe that I make it several times a month. Luckily, my whole family loves this delicious recipe, so no complaints. My picky eaters approve!
I make my Parmesan crusted chicken recipe without breadcrumbs, but I know some folks like to add Italian breadcrumbs to this easy chicken recipe for a crispy crust.
You can add them if you like, but we love this melt in your mouth chicken as is.
This chicken dish comes together quickly with little prep. And in less than 30 minutes, you get tender juicy chicken that you can literally cut with a fork!
You only need a few simple ingredients for this easy dinner recipe. You should be able to find them in your local grocery store.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts -- Split breasts or thin chicken breasts work well
- Mayonnaise -- Any real mayonnaise like Best Foods, Hellmans or Kraft. Miracle Whip may change the flavor
- Grated Parmesan cheese -- Grate your own if you can
- Seasonings -- garlic powder, onion powder and Italian seasoning
Note -- You can add sea salt and black pepper to taste. I actually love salty foods, but I don't add salt to this chicken mayo Parmesan recipe because there is plenty in the mayo and Parmesan.
If you are working with large chicken breasts, you may want to pound them lightly with a meat mallet so that they cook evenly.
How to Make Mayo Parmesan Chicken
First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees f. Then, lightly grease a baking dish with non stick spray, olive oil or butter.
Add the mayo, Parm, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and onion powder to a small bowl or medium bowl. Stir well until it is completely blended.
Next, place chicken on the bottom of the baking dish. Use a spoon to place a dollop of the mayonnaise mixture on each piece of chicken.
Then, spread the Parmesan mixture evenly over the chicken. You can top the chicken with more grated Parm if you like. This will help form a crispier crust.
Or, wait until the chicken is almost done. Or both!
Place the chicken on the middle shelf of the preheated oven, uncovered.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the internal temperature is at least 165 degrees f according to a meat thermometer.
If you are using thicker pieces of chicken, you may have to add another 5 to 10 minutes of cooking time.
You can broil the top for about 5 minutes if you want it to be more golden brown. If the top of the chicken is getting too dark, you can cover it with aluminum foil until the chicken is done.
I added some extra cheese and fresh parsley to the chicken before serving. Love that melted Parmesan cheese on top!
I recommend letting the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving. This lets the juices settle and makes the tender chicken even juicier when cut!
Frequently Asked Questions
Mayonnaise helps keep the chicken moist while baking since it contains eggs and oil.
You can use Greek yogurt or plain yogurt or sour cream. The flavor will change slightly, though.
Serve Parmesan chicken with a simple side salad, broccoli, green beans, peas. It is delicious over your favorite pasta.
How to Store and Reheat
Place leftover chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It should keep for 3 to 4 days.
To reheat mayo chicken, warm in in the oven on 275 to 300 degrees f until heated through. You can also reheat the mayonnaise chicken in the microwave or air fryer.
Recipe Substitutions and Variations
If you want crispy parmesan-crusted chicken, sprinkle Italian bread crumbs or panko crumbs over the chicken before baking.
You can make mayo Parmesan chicken recipe using chicken thighs or chicken tenders. The cooking times will vary.
You can sub yogurt or sour cream for mayo. The flavor will be slightly different, but you'll still have juicy flavorful chicken!
Mayo Parmesan Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts about 2 pounds
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees f
- Grease a baking dish with non stick cooking spray
- In a small bowl, combine mayo, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder until well blended
- Place chicken breasts in bottom of baking dish
- Spoon a dollop of the mayo mixture over each chicken breast
- Spread the mixture evenly over the chicken until completely covered
- Bake on middle rack in oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until internal temperature is at least 165 degrees according to a meat thermometer. Top with additional Parm or chopped parsley before serving, if desired
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
I hope you enjoy this chicken dinner as much as we do! If you do, please leave a star rating and comment.
For more easy chicken recipes and easy dinner recipes even picky eaters love, sign up for the newsletter and follow me on social media.