This delicious One Pan Creamy Chicken Sausage Tortellini is the perfect easy meal for busy weeknights, and it’s ready in just 20 minutes!
My family is crazy about tortellini — well, all except my super picky teen. And whenever I ask them what I should make for dinner, someone always suggests chicken tortellini or kielbasa tortellini. They’re both quick and easy one pot meals, and they’re both covered in a creamy cheese sauce.
So when I was grocery shopping the other day, they were handing out some samples and coupons for smoked Italian chicken sausages, and of course, I couldn’t say no. I’m bad about that. So, I bought the sausage and a package of tortellini, and I decided to make this one pan chicken sausage tortellini.
Since the sausage is smoked, this one dish dinner takes only 20 minutes on the stove, so it’s perfect for busy days when you don’t have time or energy to make something complicated. I have a lot of those days!
I made an easy tomato cream sauce for the pasta, and I also added some sun dried tomatoes for extra flavor. I absolutely love sun dried tomatoes, but if you can’t find them or don’t want to use them, don’t worry about it. The dish will still taste amazing!
I also threw in a little bit of shredded Parm to help thicken the sauce and give it a little bit of cheesy goodness. And that’s pretty much all there is to it. This tortellini pasta dish is creamy, smooth and packed with flavor. And it’s also kid approved!
How to Make One Pan Creamy Chicken Sausage Tortellini
One Pan Creamy Chicken Sausage Tortellini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package smoked chicken sausage, sliced thin (about 2 cups)
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 20-oz package tortellini pasta
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- sun dried tomatoes (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage and garlic over medium heat until slightly golden brown
- Add the tortellini, marinara sauce and water, cover and cook over high heat, stirring frequently, until tortellini is soft
- Reduce heat to medium, and stir in cream, sun dried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese
- Cook until sauce starts to thicken slightly
- Top with fresh parsley, if desired, and serve
I hope you’ll enjoy this easy one pan creamy tortellini chicken sausage recipe — we sure did! You can serve it with a simple side salad or toss some veggies in with the pasta. It’s good either way.
Happy Cooking, friends!