One Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta combines some of your favorite flavors in one easy dinner! Best of all, it’s ready in 30 minutes and totally kid approved!
Raise your hand if you love ranch dressing! My son and the Hubs are huge ranch fans. They pour it on anything they can and use it for a dipping sauce with just about anything.
Actually, the Hubs is the one who introduced me to the fine art of dipping pizza crusts into ranch dressing — yum! Speaking of pizza, the Hubs brought home some chicken bacon ranch pizza bread the other day, and that was the inspiration for this chicken bacon ranch pasta!
We eat chicken more than any other meat so, I’m always dreaming up new and different ways to cook chicken. Some people dream of winning the lottery, but I dream about chicken. Sigh. Anyway, you can’t go wrong with a fast and easy one dish meal. They’re my favorites!
So, I took a basic chicken and pasta recipe and added some good old ranch flavor to it. And because I was still thinking about that awesome pizza bread, I added bacon and cheese to the mix.
If you’re looking for other quick and easy dinners, check out more of my favorite
One Pot Chicken Dinner Recipes
- One Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Pasta
- One Pot Cheddar BBQ Chicken Pasta
- Creamy One Pot Enchilada Chicken Pasta
- One Pot Creamy Chicken Tortellini Pasta
Most of those one pot chicken dinners contain heavy cream, which gives them an amazing creamy smooth texture. This one is creamy, but that’s because of the ranch dressing.
I used our favorite homemade buttermilk ranch dressing, but any ranch dressing will work here. Just use whatever works best for you! If you find the dish is a little on the thick side, just thin it out with a little bit of milk.
You can also use your favorite cheese here. I used Monterey jack, but if you want something sharper, try shredded cheddar, instead.
Whatever you do, don’t leave out the bacon. Bacon makes everything better, right? And besides, you kind of need it for a chicken bacon ranch dinner!
How to Make One Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
One Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cubed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onions
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups mini penne pasta
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet, season chicken with sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, onions and Italian seasoning, and cook over medium high heat until no longer pink
- Add pasta and water, cover, and cook over high heat until pasta is nearly al dente and water is mostly absorbed
- Lower heat to medium, stir in ranch dressing and cheese, and cook until pasta is done
- Stir in bacon and parsley, and serve
This one pot chicken bacon ranch pasta was a huge hit with my family. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Sharing at Weekend Potluck