Crock Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwiches with cheddar cheese are perfect for an easy dinner. This easy recipe is a family favorite on busy weeknights!
I've been making easy Crock Pot recipes as much as I can, like this slow cooker chicken bacon ranch recipe. Chicken with crispy bacon, cream cheese and ranch dressing is such a delicious combo that some people call it crack chicken!
Even though they take a couple of hours to cook, these slow cooker dinners have hardly any prep work, and they're ready when you are! So when you get home after shopping, running errands or whatever, dinner is served. Yes!
You only need a few simple ingredients for slow cooker chicken bacon ranch sandwiches. They should be easy to find in your grocery store.
- Boneless skinless chicken breast -- 2 pounds total
- Ranch dressing mix -- dry ranch dressing or dry ranch seasoning. I use the Hidden Valley Ranch packets or the big container from Costco.
- Cream cheese -- a block of cream cheese
- Cooked bacon -- leftover cooked bacon chopped up into smaller pieces. About 5-6 slices
- Cheese -- shredded cheddar cheese or a cheddar cheese blend
- Seasoning -- optional garlic powder and onion powder for extra flavor if you like
- Sandwich buns -- and any extras for sandwich topping, pickles, sliced tomatoes or lettuce or extra cheese
How to Make Crock Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwiches
First, spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray. Then, place chicken breasts on the bottom of the slow cooker.
Sprinkle the packet of ranch seasoning mix over the chicken. Then, place the cream cheese on top of the chicken. I like to cut the cream cheese into smaller pieces, but it's not absolutely necessary.
If you want to add garlic powder and/or onion powder, add those with the dry ranch dressing.
Cook the chicken for 2-3 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low. The cooking time will vary with different makes and models of slow cookers. Just make sure the internal temperature is 165 degrees f, according to an instant read thermometer.
Mine cooks fast, so the chicken is done at 3 hours.
Shred chicken with 2 forks or using an electric mixer.
Top shredded chicken with chopped bacon crumbles and shredded cheese. Place the lid back on the slow cooker, and keep the cheddar ranch chicken on low setting or warm setting so cheese melts.
How to Serve Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
Serve crack chicken in between 2 sandwich buns, hoagie rolls or in slider buns. Top these crack chicken sandwiches with extra ranch dressing, extra cheese and crispy bacon slices for the ultimate chicken bacon ranch sandwich!
On its own, bacon ranch chicken is keto friendly and low carb. You can eat the chicken with a fork if you like.
How to Store and Reheat
Place leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat the chicken mixture in your microwave. It is also tasty in a cold sandwich -- kind of like chicken salad.
If you don't want to use dry ranch seasoning mix, use homemade ranch dressing mix or add 1 cup homemade ranch dressing or your favorite ranch dressing to the cooked chicken before serving.
Substitute chicken tenders or chicken thighs for the boneless chicken breast in this chicken recipe if you like.
You can easily double the recipe if you're having friends over, so these cheesy chicken sliders work well for parties, too!
The great thing about these crock pot chicken bacon ranch sliders is that not only are they perfect for a quick dinner, but they're also ideal for game day.
Just throw everything into your slow cooker before the game starts, and assemble the sandwiches while you watch the game.
Crock Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwiches
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or cheddar blend
- 5 slices cooked bacon chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder optional
- 8 small sandwich rolls
- Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray
- Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker in single layer
- Top chicken with dry ranch dressing mix, and top with cream cheese
- Cover, and cook on high for 2 to 3 hours or low for 5-6 hours. Chicken temperature should be at least 165 degrees f according to meat thermometer
- Shred chicken, top with shredded cheddar cheese and bacon crumbles. Cover and allow to melt on low or warm setting
- To make sandwiches, add some chicken to sandwich rolls. Top with extra cheddar cheese slices if desired
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
Easy Crock Pot chicken bacon ranch sandwiches are a huge hit in my house, so I hope you'll try them out!These bacon-filled chicken sandwiches are creamy, cheesy, loaded with flavor, and they have bacon. BACON. Need I say more?
If you're craving comfort food, these cheesy chicken sliders are for you!
Please leave a star rating and/or comment if you do try them. For more easy recipes and slow cooker recipes the whole family will love, sign up for the weekly newsletter and follow on social media.
Recipe published in 2017 and updated in 2023.