Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta is a quick and easy pressure cooker dinner recipe made with chicken, pasta shells and bacon in a cheesy ranch dressing sauce. This one pot chicken dinner takes about 30 minutes to make, and even picky eaters go back for seconds!
If you’re looking for a quick and easy Instant Pot chicken recipe, you have to try this creamy chicken bacon ranch pasta. It’s like mac and cheese, only it’s made with ranch dressing instead of cream, and it’s got bacon! Yes, bacon!
I’m all about one pot dinners, and I’ve been working on converting my stove top one pot dinners to Instant Pot recipes. The Hubs kept asking me to make this chicken bacon ranch pasta in the pressure cooker for the longest time, and I finally got around to it!
He’s crazy about ranch dressing and so are my kids. Even the picky eaters will eat just about anything if it has ranch on it, so this is perfect for them. I usually make my own ranch, but you can use your favorite brand for this recipe.
It’s super easy, too. Just saute some cut-up chicken breasts in the pressure cooker, and add your pasta and water. I used shells this time, but I used penne and mini penne when I made this on the stove. Either pasta works here, so use what you have.
The pasta takes 4 minutes to cook in the Instant Pot, although you can let it go for 5 minutes if you want softer pasta. After that, you stir in the ranch and some chopped bacon, and then you add the cheese.
I used Monterey jack cheese here, but you could even use cheddar if you have that. I wanted a creamy texture for this pasta, so that’s why I went with the Monterey jack.
Tips for Making Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- If you use a thick ranch dressing, add some milk to thin the sauce out and make it creamier
- Use thin, crispy bacon for better texture and crunch
- Top with extra bacon for more flavor
Can I use another type of pasta?
You can use any small, thick pasta here. Penne, mini penne or macaroni would work well. Just make sure the water covers the pasta, and add a little more if you need to.
Can I use chicken thighs in this recipe?
You can definitely use chicken thighs if you want. You can even use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken to save time.
Recipe for Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut up - about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onions
- 1 16-ounce box medium shell pasta, uncooked
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 5 slices cooked crispy bacon, crumbled
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- chopped parsley, if desired
- Hit SAUTE on the pressure cooker, and when it reads HOT, add oil
- When oil reads HOT, add chicken, and cook until no longer pink, stirring frequently
- Add garlic powder, sea salt, pepper and minced onion, and stir until coated
- Hit CANCEL, and make sure no chicken is sticking to bottom of pot. Add a little bit of water to deglaze pot if necessary
- Pour pasta shells over chicken, and pour water over shells. Press shells down lightly stir to make sure pasta is covered with water
- Turn valve to sealing position, and hit PRESSURE COOK for 4 minutes
- When pot beeps, do a gradual quick release, and remove lid when pin drops
- Stir in ranch dressing and chopped bacon pieces, then stir in cheese until melted and well combined. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and additional chopped bacon, if desired, and serve
My family absolutely loved this Instant Pot creamy chicken bacon ranch pasta! They even asked for seconds, which is always a good sign. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!