Easy Pineapple Sriracha Chicken Tacos simmered in a sweet and spicy honey lime soy sauce and topped with crunchy broccoli slaw are ready in 30 minutes!
If you're tired of the same old taco recipe, this one's for you! We love tacos, and I make them so often that I like to experiment with different ways to make tacos whenever I can.
I don't know about you, but when I was growing up, we always had ground beef tacos served in a crunchy shell and topped with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream. Actually everyone I knew ate tacos this way. Even though they were good, the shells always broke when you started eating them, which made it a very messy dinner.
That's why I love that you can find so many different ways to eat tacos now. We love shredded beef tacos and pork carnitas. And don't get me wrong -- tacos made with ground beef are still good, but I love that there are other options.
Anyway, this recipe began when I was trying to think of yet another quick and easy chicken dinner. I had a package of chicken tenders to work with, and since it was Tuesday, I immediately thought of tacos. My kids are huge fans of Taco Tuesdays!
I usually make chicken and black bean tacos or teriyaki chicken tacos, but this time, I whipped up an easy pineapple honey lime soy sauce, added a touch of sriracha and boom -- these sweet and spicy chicken tacos were born!
I used about two pounds of chicken tenders, but you can use chicken breasts or even thighs if you prefer that. Just chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces, brown it in a skillet, make the sauce and add it to the chicken.
You might think there's a lot of sauce, but trust me, it gets absorbed in no time. When the chicken is fully cooked and the sauce is mostly absorbed, you can make the tacos.
Personally, I prefer flour tortillas, but you can use corn if you like. Heat them up so they're nice and warm, then go ahead and load up the chicken and the toppings.
I kept it super simple this time. I topped the tacos with shredded broccoli and carrots from the grocery store. Then, I added an extra squirt of sriracha sauce and a few pineapple pieces. And that's that!
These tacos are sweet, spicy, juicy and very quick and easy to make. Can't beat that!
How to Make Pineapple Sriracha Chicken Tacos
Pineapple Sriracha Chicken Tacos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds chicken tenders, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup pineapple juice (from a can of pineapple tidbits)
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onions
- ½ lime juice of
- pineapple tidbits, shredded broccoli and carrot slaw and additional sriracha sauce for toppings
- small tortillas
- Season chicken with sea salt and pepper
- Add olive oil to a medium-sized skillet and cook chicken over medium-high heat until slightly brown
- Meanwhile, whisk together the pineapple juice, honey, soy sauce, sriracha, ginger, garlic powder, minced onions and lime juice in a small bowl, and add to chicken skillet
- Cook chicken and sauce until bubbling, cover and reduce heat to medium
- Heat tortillas on a griddle or skillet, cover and keep warm
- When sauce is mostly absorbed, remove chicken from heat, add a few pieces to warm tortillas, and top with broccoli slaw mix, additional sriracha sauce and pineapple pieces
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
Do you have a favorite taco recipe? If you decide to try these pineapple sriracha chicken tacos, let me know how it goes.
Miz Helen says
We will love your Pineapple Sriracha Chicken Tacos! Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday!
eat good 4 life says
I totally love the sound of these. I would probably eat at least 3 of them.
Jessica | Novice Chef says
I love the combo of pineapple and sriracha!
katerina @ diethood.com says
We love tacos and these look incredible!! Can't wait to try them!
Amanda | The Chunky Chef says
These flavors are so yummy, and we're totally trying these soon!
Lora @savoringitaly says
I think that these tacos would be a big hit if we made them instead of our regular tacos. I love that you added also broccoli slaw!!
Cookin Canuck says
My family adores tacos too, and this sweet-spicy combo sounds like a great way to switch things up.
We are a taco loving family and these really look tasty!!