Make easy Pumpkin Spice Cheerios Treats with just 4 ingredients -- marshmallows, cereal, butter and vanilla. Easy fall dessert bars ready in 15 minutes!
Need a super quick and easy fall treat to share with your family, friends or co-workers? Craving all things pumpkin spice? Then, you'll love these pumpkin spice Cheerios treats!
This is NOT sponsored -- I just adore anything pumpkin spice, and I love making quick and easy desserts and treats for the kiddos. And because these pumpkin spice Cheerios are already flavored, making the marshmallow bars is a piece of cake -- well, you get the idea.
How to Make Cheerio Bars with Marshmallows
This is your basic recipe for marshmallow cereal bars. You can use your favorite cereal here -- name brand or generic. Since Cheerios are larger than say, Rice Krispies, we used 7 cups instead of the usual 6.
Easy Microwave Cereal Bars
Use your microwave to melt the butter and marshmallows together in a large glass mixing bowl. You can use a large pot on the stove, but I think it's easier to clean the bowl.
Melt the marshmallows and butter in 30-second increments, stirring well in between. Then, stir in some vanilla.
Pour in the pumpkin spice cereal, and gently mix everything together until the Cheerios are well coated. A spatula is your friend here!
Spread the mixture into a well-greased baking dish. Now, you can top the bars with your favorite fall candy.
We used candy corn and some fall sprinkles. Fall M&M's or marshmallow pumpkins would work here, too!
More Easy Cereal Bar Treats
- Apple Jacks Marshmallow Treats
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios Bars
- Spring Marshmallow Krispies Treats
- Peanut Butter Honey Oat Cereal Bars
Pumpkin Spice Cheerios Treats Recipe
Pumpkin Spice Cheerios Treats
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 cups pumpkin spice Cheerios
- candy corn or fall candies for decoration
- In a large microwaveable bowl, melt the butter and marshmallows together in 30 second increments, stirring in between heating, until marshmallows puff up and melt
- Remove from microwave, and stir in vanilla extract
- Stir in Cheerios, and mix until well coated
- Spoon into buttered 13 X 9-inch baking dish, and decorate with candy corn or other fall candies. Allow to cool before slicing into bars and eating
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
Saw this on Friday and had to run out and get the cereal. Pumpkin spice is a huge hit at our house too! Easy for the kids to make and yummy!
I'm so glad to hear this, James, Thanks!