Easy No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cereal Bars are made without marshmallows and are perfect as a quick snack or light dessert anytime. You may even want one for breakfast!
When the kids are on summer break, we go through food like crazy. It seems like I go shopping one day, and the next day, the fridge is empty!
So the other day, I picked up a few boxes of cereal on sale at the store -- some healthy, some not so much. The kids don't get the sugary stuff during the school year, but I thought we could make no bake cereal bars for snacks. I was planning to make chocolate peanut butter crispy bars, using the organic cereal I bought, but by the time I got around to it, the box of cereal was almost empty.
We ended up making Apple Jacks Marshmallow Bars that day, and I went out and picked up another box of the cocoa crispy rice cereal that night -- except that I forgot to get some more marshmallows. So I used a mixture of honey and brown sugar in place of marshmallows, and the bars turned out just as good, if not better than the usual ones.
I've made similar treats before, so if you're looking for other no bake cereal bars with out marshmallows, check these out:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios Bars
- Peanut Butter Honey Oat Cereal Bars
- No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
These chocolate peanut butter cereal bars are super easy. All you do is melt the honey and brown sugar on the stove, and then you mix in the other ingredients and press them into a glass baking dish to firm up and cool off.
We also added a thin layer of chocolate chips over the bars and let this melt into an easy frosting. Then, we topped it off with some extra cereal for added crunch. These bars are delicious!
How to Make No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 cups crispy cocoa rice cereal
- 1 ½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- In a large heavy bottom pot melt the honey and brown sugar together over medium high heat until mixture begins to thicken and bubble.
- Remove from heat, and stir in peanut butter and cinnamon until mixture is creamy and smooth
- Stir in cereal, and mix until well coated
- Spoon mixture into greased 9 X 13-inch pan, and top with chocolate chips, spreading evenly until chips are melted. Top with extra cereal, if desired, for added crunch
- Refrigerate for ½ hour, or until firm
These easy no bake chocolate peanut butter cereal bars are perfect for snacking, and I know they won't last long here at all. Actually, you could probably get away with munching on them for breakfast. No judging here!
Have a happy day!
Shared at Weekend Potluck