This creamy slow cooker white chicken chili recipe with white beans, corn and green chiles is an easy crockpot meal perfect for busy weeknights. One of the easiest slow cooker recipes you can make and absolutely delicious on a cold day!
If you're looking for an easy crockpot recipe for dinner tonight, you'll love this crockpot white chicken chili recipe.
Crockpot chili is so easy. All you really have to do is add all of the ingredients to your slow cooker, and let it do the work!
Chicken chili is easy comfort food and a great alternative to traditional chili recipes like ground beef and bean chili. We love this delicious dinner on chilly evenings in fall and winter. Slow cooker chili is also perfect for potlucks, soup suppers and tailgating!
You only need a few simple ingredients for white bean chicken chili. If you don't already have these pantry staples, you can find them in your grocery store.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts -- you can use chicken thighs if you like
- White beans -- use great northern beans or cannellini beans ( white kidney beans )
- Corn -- white corn or yellow corn, rinsed and drained
- Green chiles -- 1 can of diced green chilis for mild flavor or 2 for spicier chili. I used a combo of frozen roasted Hatch chiles and canned chiles.
- Onion -- Yellow onion or White onion
- Seasonings -- salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder and ground cumin
- Chicken broth -- or chicken stock
- Sour cream -- makes the chili creamy
How to Make White Chicken Chili in the Slow Cooker
First, I like to coat the slow cooker with non stick cooking spray. You can skip this or use a crockpot liner for easy clean-up.
Next, add the chicken to the bottom of the slow cooker, and season with the salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and cumin.
Add the onions and green chilies.
Next, add the corn and white beans over the chicken. Then, pour in the chicken broth.
Finally, place the lid on the crock pot, and cook!
Cook the chicken chili for 2-3 hours on high or 4-6 hours on low. I have a new crock pot that cooks super fast.
If you have an older model or a programmable slow cooker, use the times that work best for those models.
In the last hour of cooking, remove the cooked chicken, and use two forks to shred it into larger pieces.
Place the shredded chicken back into the crockpot, and stir in the sour cream. Then place the lid back on, and cook the creamy white chicken chili until ready to eat.
What to Serve with White Chicken Chili
Favorite side dishes to serve with white chicken chili include garlic bread, cornbread, Jiffy muffins and rosemary beer bread. We love Fritos corn chips or tortilla chips on the side!
Top the chicken chili with avocado slices, jalapeño pepper slices, lime wedges, fresh cilantro leaves, Monterey jack cheese, cheddar cheese, cheddar cheese blend or sour cream.
Or use your favorite toppings! We love a little chopped cooked bacon on top!
Instead of green chiles, you can add a green bell pepper or sliced roasted poblano peppers. You can also make chicken chili with ½ cup salsa verde instead of chiles.
Sub frozen corn for canned corn. Use red onion instead of white or yellow. You can also use pinto beans if you like.
Skip a step and use rotisserie chicken. Make turkey chili with leftover turkey.
For richer chili, add 4 tablespoons cream cheese instead of sour cream.
Have a pressure cooker? Try my Instant Pot white chicken chili recipe.
How to Store
Store leftover white bean chili in an airtight container in your refrigerator. It keeps for 4 days. You can freeze this white chili for up to 3 months for longer storage.
Reheat on the stove top or in the microwave.
Adding too much broth and not enough beans or meat will result in soupier chili. You can add more broth later if you feel your chili is too thick.
The easiest way to thicken chili is to mash some of the white beans before you add shredded chicken back to the chili. Use a ladle and gently mash the beans. You can also let the chili simmer uncovered to reduce the liquid or add crushed tortilla chips to the chili.
Creamy Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup yellow onion chopped
- 8 oz diced green chiles 2 4 oz cans
- 30 oz great northern beans 2 15 oz cans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can corn drained and rinsed
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup sour cream
- Spray slow cooker with non stick cooking spray. Add chicken
- Season chicken with salt, garlic, smoked paprika, cumin and pepper
- Add onion, chiles, beans and corn over chicken
- Pour chicken broth into slow cooker. Cover and cook for 2-3 hours on high or 4-6 hours on low
- In last hour of cooking, remove chicken breasts, and shred with 2 forks.
- Add chicken back to crockpot, and stir in sour cream. Cook on low until ready to eat
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
I hope you enjoy this delicious easy white chicken chili as much as we do. Please leave a star rating and comment if you try it.
For more easy slow cooker recipes, browse the crockpot recipes archives.
If you love easy recipes, sign up for the newsletter and follow on social media.
Great for a cold rainy day! Made it for the day of football. Had a few friends over and it was a hit. Making it again next week!
Thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed the chili!