Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings are crispy, flavorful and ready in 30 minutes. This easy barbecue wings recipe is perfect for dinner or a game day appetizer!
These crispy air fryer wings are super easy to make and so much healthier than the deep fried kind. Season them with a simple dry rub, cook them in the air fryer and brush with your favorite BBQ sauce. So good!
I’ve been having the best time testing new air fryer recipes! Honestly, though, I’ve probably made wings more often than anything because they are super easy and so good this way.
My family loves noshing on these crispy BBQ wings for a light dinner or a weekend snack. And game day? Oh, these savory barbecue wings make delicious game day appetizers!
How to Make BBQ Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer
Using a dry rub adds more flavor, and it helps make the skin crispy. I also add a pinch of baking powder to help make the wings even crispier.
Be sure to pat the wings dry with a paper towel. You want to get rid of as much moisture as possible. Then, season the wings all over with the dry rub, and place them on the air fryer cooking racks.
Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees, and add the chicken. I made these chicken wings in the Instant Pot Vortex air fryer, and I placed one rack on the top and the other on the bottom.
If you’re using a similar oven-style air fryer, switch the trays about halfway through the cooking time. If your using a basket-styler air fryer, shake the wings during the cooking time or do them in batches.
These air fryer wings were baked to a crispy goodness in just 25 minutes! As you can see, they’ve got a lot of meat on them, so if your wings are smaller, the cook time might be shorter. You could even go for 30 minutes if your wings are large.
Finish these babies off with a generous coat of your favorite BBQ sauce, and watch them disappear! Oh, definitely keep a stash of napkins handy — BBQ wings are messy, but worth it!
Pin to save the recipe!
More Chicken Wings Recipes
May contain affiliate links. See disclosure for more info.
Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings Recipe
Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- olive oil spray
- Barbecue sauce
- Mix the spices and baking powder together in a small bowl
- Pat chicken wings dry with a paper towel
- Rub mixture over wings until well coated, and place wings on air fryer cooking racks
- Spritz wings with olive oil spray
- Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees, add wings to air fryer, and cook for 25 to 30 minutes, rotating trays about half way through cooking. Internal temperature should be at least 165 degrees according to meat thermometer
- Remove from air fryer, brush with your favorite BBQ sauce, and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy these crispy air fried BBQ chicken wings as much as we do!