Make the BEST Air Fryer Buffalo Wings that are crispy, spicy and super flavorful in just 30 minutes with this easy hot wings recipe!
Skip takeout and make these amazingly crispy air fried Buffalo chicken wings right in your own home. This easy wings recipe starts out with a simple dry rub and ends with a quick dip in spicy Buffalo sauce. You get all of the flavor without the extra calories from deep frying!
You guys, out of all of my air fryer recipes, chicken wings are probably my favorite. Buffalo wings are one of my favorite appetizers, especially during football season, and these air fried ones are the closest to the real deal.
And yes, you can bake wings in the oven, but it's so much faster in the air fryer! Plus, you get extra crispy wings in the air fryer!
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer
One of the secrets to making extra crispy wings without deep frying is to pat the wings dry and coat them in a simple dry rub that includes a dash of baking powder. This helps the skin stay crispy even after being dunked in hot sauce.
I use just a little bit of baking powder, so if you're worried about getting an unpleasant aftertaste, don't be. You can't taste it at all!
How Long to Air Fry Wings
Because I wanted these Buffalo wings to be super crispy, I air fried them for 30 minutes. I usually do 25 minutes, but these guys had a lot of meat on their bones, plus I wanted to make them as crispy as possible.
For the last couple of minutes, I raised the temperature from 390 to 400. This isn't required, but as you can see, it helped!
How to Coat Wings in Sauce
For the hot Buffalo sauce, just melt a little butter into the hot sauce. Then, dunk the air fried wings into the sauce, and plate them up!
What to Serve with Buffalo Wings
You might want to serve something cool along with these hot wings:
- Celery sticks
- Carrot sticks
- Ranch dressing or blue cheese
- Fresh fruit or other fresh veggies
Pin to Save the Recipe
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Nuggets
- Easy Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings
Easy Crispy Buffalo Wings Recipe
Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
- air fryer
For the Buffalo Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- olive oil spray
For the Buffalo Wing Sauce
- ½ cup hot sauce, like Frank's
- 2 tablespoons butter
For the Buffalo Wings
- Mix the sea salt, garlic powder, pepper and baking powder together in a small bowl
- Pat chicken wings dry with a paper towel
- Sprinkle dry rub mix over chicken, and rub into wings until well coated. Spritz with olive oil
- Place wings evenly on air fryer cooking trays, and preheat air fryer to 390 degrees according to manufacturer directions
- Place cooking trays in air fryer, and cook for 30 minutes, switching trays about halfway through cook time. Optional -- Increase temperature to 400 for last 2 minutes of cooking,
- Dunk wings in Buffalo sauce until well coated, and serve immediately
For Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Heat the sauce and butter for about 30 seconds in the microwave until butter is melted, and mix until well combined
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
I hope you enjoy these crispy Buffalo wings as much as we do!