These sweet and spicy Baked Honey Sriracha Chicken Tenders make a delicious quick and easy dinner or a yummy appetizer anytime!
When it comes to getting dinner on the table in a hurry, I like to use cuts of meat that cook super fast. So, I probably use chicken tenders at least once a week. These babies are so versatile, and you can leave them whole or cut them up into stir fry dishes or pasta or even tacos. I also use tenders to make Skinny Chicken Parm, which is one of our absolute favorite quick and easy meals!
Actually, I should probably do a round-up of all of the recipes I have that use chicken tenders. Come to think of it, there are a lot of them, and they're all just slightly different.
So anyway, I sometimes like to make spicy chicken fingers for an easy lunch or dinner. It's not super spicy, and even the kids like spice when I serve a cool and creamy dipping sauce to go with the meat. Personally, my favorite flavor is honey chipotle, while my kids like sriracha. But, they're both equally delicious and very easy.
I shared this recipe first over at The Weary Chef. It's perfect for game day, but like I said, you can enjoy it anytime.
First, you season the chicken, and then, you brush on a light coat of honey sriracha sauce.
Next, you bake the tenders, and when they're just about done, you add another layer of sauce. This adds flavor and also makes the chicken nice and sticky -- yum!
The entire process takes about 20 minutes, tops. And, you cook it all on one foil-lined sheet pan, which means you don't have to worry about a dirty pan to clean up! Top the tenders off with a little bit of fresh cilantro and a spritz of lime juice, and lunch or dinner is served!
Dip these babies in homemade ranch or your favorite dipping sauce, and they're irresistible!
How to Make Baked Honey Sriracha Chicken Tenders
Baked Honey Sriracha Chicken Tenders
For the Chicken
- 2 pounds chicken tenders
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
For the Honey Sriracha Sauce
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried minced onions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with foil, and coat with non-stick spray or olive oil
- Place chicken tenders on the baking sheet, and season all with sea salt, pepper and garlic powder
- In a small bowl, mix the sriracha sauce, honey and minced onions, and spread a thin coat evenly over the chicken tenders
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until chicken is 165 degrees
- Remove from oven, coat with remaining sauce, and bake for another 5 minutes or until sauce is thick
- Add chopped fresh cilantro or lime slices for garnish, if desired
I hope you enjoy these easy baked honey sriracha chicken tenders as much as we do. Let me know what you think!