This Easy Brownie Mix Cookies Recipe makes cookies from a box of brownie mix. These fudgy brownie cookies are soft, chewy and absolutely delicious!
Can you make cookies from brownie mix? Yes, you can! Not only can you make cookies from a boxed brownie mix, but this easy brownie cookie recipe makes some of the best cookies ever!
Trust, me -- I am a chocolate lover with a family of chocolate lovers, and I am super picky about chocolate cookies. Seriously, these rich chocolate cookies do not disappoint!
This easy brownie mix cookie recipe is a great recipe for those times when you are craving something sweet because it comes together quickly thanks to the boxed mix. My brownie lovers love these delicious cookies!
Ingredients for Brownie Mix Cookies
There are just a few simple ingredients in this easy brownie mix cookies recipe. You can find them in your grocery store or Costco.
- Box of brownie mix -- I use Ghirardelli triple chocolate brownie mix, but any 18-20 oz box of mix should work.
- Vegetable oil -- or a neutral cooking oil like coconut oil or avocado oil
- Milk -- Adding milk helps thin out the batter for the consistency of cookies
- Flour -- a little extra all purpose flour is necessary to offset the extra liquid used in this recipe
- Chocolate chips -- Semi sweet chocolate chips add extra chocolate for rich cookies chocolate lovers will love!
- Mini m&m candies -- optional, but add a pop of color and even more chocolate to the cookies
I also recommend using parchment paper, aluminum foil or silicone baking matts for this easy recipe so the cookies don't stick to the cookie sheet and for easier clean-up.
How to Make Cookies from Brownie Mix
First, preheat your oven and prepare the baking sheets.
Next, add the mix and the flour to a large bowl. Whisk together lightly.
Add the eggs, vegetable oil and milk, and beat using an electric mixer ( hand mixer ) until well combined. You can use your stand mixer if you like.
Scrape the sides of the bowl as you go.
When the cookie batter is well blended, stir in the chocolate chips. I use a spatula for this part.
The dough is very sticky, and this is normal.
You can use a tablespoon or small cookie scoop to scoop up the cookie dough.
Drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
Then, gently press a few m&m's onto the top of each cookie.
Bake the cookies for 8-9 minutes. When done, the edges will be firm, and you will see crackle tops on these chewy brownie cookies.
If the centers of the cookies seem soft, that is fine. They will firm up as they cool. Place them on a wire rack to finish cooling as soon as they are cool enough to handle.
How to Store Brownie Cookies
Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. They stay fresh for up to 4 days -- if they last that long!
You can freeze cookies in a freezer bag for up to 3 months for best results.
The batter is very sticky. If it is too runny to scoop, add a little more flour.
Do not over bake brownie batter cookies. Otherwise, they will get too hard when they cool. Look for firm edges and a soft fudgy center.
Don't leave the cookies on the hot baking sheets. Move the cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
If you use a medium cookie scoop or large cookie scoop, these fudgy cookies will take an extra minute or 2 to bake.
If you want plain chocolate brownie cookies, leave out the chocolate chips and candy. You can also make some cookies with candy and some without.
For variations on this easy cookie recipe, use chocolate chunks, peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips or mint chips or chopped nuts. Add seasonal candies during the holidays.
Brownie Mix Cookies Recipe
- 20 oz box of brownie mix
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- mini m&ms
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- Lightly whisk together the brownie mix and flour in a medium sized mixing bowl
- Add in the eggs, vegetable oil and milk and beat until well combined
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Use a tablespoon to scoop batter out and drop onto a prepared baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between cookies
- Top cookies with mini m&ms or extra chocolate chips, if using, and bake for 9 minutes or until edges are firm and tops are slightly crinkled. Do not over bake
- Remove from oven, allow cookies to cool slightly, then remove cookies from baking sheets, and allow to cool completely on a wire rack or counter
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
I hope you love this easy brownie cookies recipe as much as we do. My kids say these are the best brownie mix cookies they've ever tasted -- and I agree!
Sign up for the weekly newsletter to get more chocolate desserts and more easy recipes by email.