This S'mores Brownies recipe makes fudgy brownies topped with toasted marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate bars. A delicious dessert you can make in one bowl. The whole family loves these homemade brownies!
So, what do you do when you're craving some serious ooey, gooey, chocolaty comfort food for? You whip up a big ol' batch of fudgy brownies topped with toasted marshmallows, graham cracker pieces and a chocolate bar!
These super delicious s'mores brownies are incredibly easy to make in just one bowl. So clean-up is easy, too!
In fact, this easy brownie recipe is so simple that my youngest daughter usually bakes them all by herself! Luckily, she shares them with us!
If you love s'mores as much as we do, try my S'mores Dip, Baked S'mores or No Churn Chocolate S'mores Ice Cream.
You need a few simple ingredients for these homemade s'mores brownies. What you don't already have at in your pantry can be found online or in your local grocery store.
- Semi sweet chocolate chips
- Vanilla extract
- Granulated sugar
- All purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Ground cinnamon
- Miniature marshmallows
- Milk chocolate bar -- broken into pieces
- Graham crackers -- broken into small pieces
How to Make S'mores Brownies
We use our favorite Double Chocolate Brownie recipe as the base for this s more brownie recipe.
In a large bowl, melt the chocolate and butter together in the microwave in 30 second intervals. You can also melt the chocolate and butter over the stove.
Once it's melted, add the eggs and vanilla into the same bowl as the melted butter and chocolate mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined.
When the wet ingredients are well-mixed, add the sugar, cinnamon, flour, and baking soda, and stir. Lastly, stir in the remaining chocolate chips.
You can bake the brownies in a glass pan greased with nonstick spray. I prefer to use a meta pan lined with parchment paper. Just make sure it is a 9 x 13 pan.
When it's time to cut the brownies, just lift them out of the pan by the parchment paper. They're so much easier to cut, and you don't have to clean a sticky pan!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees f. Bake brownies for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. There may be some melted chocolate on the toothpick, though.
Remove brownies from oven, and spread the mini marshmallows evenly over the top of the brownies. Place brownies back in the oven, and broil until marshmallows are golden brown.
I recommend letting the marshmallows cool slightly. Then, you top them with cut-up chocolate bars and graham cracker pieces. That's it!
How to Store
Store smores brownies at room temperature in an airtight container or covered with foil or plastic wrap.
These delicious chocolatey brownies should last 3 to 4 days -- they never stay that long in my house though!
There are a couple ways to customize these easy s'mores brownies to your tastes.
If you don't want to make homemade brownies, you can use a boxed brownie mix instead. Just follow the instructions on the boxed mix, and then top brownies with marshmallows, graham cracker crumbs, and chocolate pieces after baking.
Instead of crushing up graham crackers, use Golden Grahams cereal.
I love gooey marshmallows, but you can use marshmallow fluff on top of the brownies instead. Spread the fluff all over the brownies, and broil until golden brown.
I use milk chocolate Hershey bars like you would in traditional s'mores, but you can choose your favorite chocolate squares for these brownie bars. Or, use semi-sweet chocolate morsels or milk chocolate chips.
How to Slice
You'll want to dig right into these gooey fudgy brownies right away. But, if you want nice, clean cuts, you'll need to let them cool slightly.
The marshmallows are super sticky and messy. As the brownies cool down, it's a lot easier to handle them.
Pro tip: use a plastic knife. After brownies have cooled slightly, use. aplastic knife to cut them instead of a metal one. Brownie crumbs will not stick to the plastic.
The BEST S'mores Brownies
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 10-oz bag of miniature marshmallows
- ¼ cup broken milk chocolate pieces
- 8 graham crackers broken into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f
- In a large microwaveable mixing bowl, combine butter and 1 cup of chocolate chips, and melt in short increments in microwave. Allow to cool slightly
- Stir in the vanilla and eggs, one at a time
- Add the sugar, flour, baking soda and cinnamon, and stir until combined
- Stir in second cup of chocolate chips
- Pour mixture into greased 9X13 baking pan, or use parchment paper to line pan and make it easier to remove brownies, and bake for 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (melted chocolate may be on toothpick)
- Remove from heat, spread marshmallows evenly over brownies, and return to oven and broil for additional minute or 2 until until marshmallows are golden brown
- Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly, and top with graham cracker pieces and chocolate candy
- Allow to cool completely before serving
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
If you love easy brownie recipes, try Peppermint Brownies, Mint Chocolate Chip Brownies and check out my easy desserts recipes archive for more sweet treats!
These delicious s'mores cookie bars combine the flavor of everyone's favorite campfire treat with a classic chewy brownie texture. I hope you enjoy these fudgy s'mores brownies as much as my family does!
For more easy dessert recipe ideas, family favorite recipe ideas, and delicious treat recipes, subscribe to the newsletter and follow me on social media!
Okay. Am I crazy, or does the recipe say 1/5 t of baking soda? Is that a typo? I'm going to change it to 1/4 t, hoping for the best.
It should be 1/4 tsp baking soda. I must have hit the wrong key when updating. I just corrected it. So sorry! 🙂