Cheesy BBQ Meatloaf topped with tangy barbecue sauce and lots of melted cheddar cheese is an easy, flavorful dinner the whole family loves.
This kid friendly meatloaf is a nice change from traditional meatloaf recipes. You add barbecue sauce in place of ketchup to the ground beef mixture, and you use a mix of Parmesan and cheddar cheese for extra flavor. If you're looking for a different meatloaf recipe, this one's for you!
I started making this easy cheesy meatloaf because my kids weren't fans of the usual tomato sauce--topped beef loaves, like My Favorite Meatloaf recipe. They were also growing tired of my mom's classic onion soup meatloaf, which I grew up on and loved!
So, this cheddar BBQ meatloaf is an easy recipe and one of my family's favorite dinners. It combines a tangy barbecue flavor for the spice lovers with plenty of cheesy goodness for the cheese fanatics in the crowd. In short, this makes everyone happy -- for one night, at least!
How to Make Meatloaf with BBQ Sauce
Add your ground beef, egg, seasoning mix, breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese to a large mixing bowl. Then, just use your favorite BBQ sauce in place of ketchup or tomato sauce.
Now comes the fun and messy part. You get to mix the ground beef and everything else up with your hands!
Don't Over Mix Meatloaf
If you over mix the meat, it gets too tough. Nobody wants that, right?
You just want to be able to form the meat into a loaf shape, so knead the mixture until it starts to come together. Then, form it into a loaf shape, and place it into a large casserole dish.
How Long to Cook Meatloaf
You bake this 2 pound meatloaf for 1 hour at 350 degrees. To be safe, use a meat thermometer to make sure the internal temperature is at least 160 degrees.
I like to add BBQ sauce for a glaze about halfway through. Then, top it off with plenty of shredded cheddar cheese right before it's done, and let it get all melty and perfect!
More Easy Meatloaf Recipes
Cheesy BBQ Meatloaf Recipe
Cheesy BBQ Meatloaf
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the ground beef to a large mixing bowl
- In a small bowl, mix the dried onions, garlic powder, salt and pepper together, and sprinkle over beef
- Add the egg, BBQ sauce, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese, and mix gently with hands until combined
- Form into loaf shape and place in casserole or baking dish
- Bake for 1 hour, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees, according to meat thermometer. Add BBQ sauce to the top about halfway through cook time
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese and allow to melt, then remover from oven, and serve
I hope you enjoy this easy meatloaf recipe as much as we do!