Ham and Egg Muffins are super easy to make and perfect for a low carb grab and go breakfast. These mini frittatas bake in 20 minutes and are easy to reheat!
I love making these easy ham and egg muffins whenever I have leftover ham from Christmas or Easter. If I don’t have ham, I’ll make sausage and egg muffins or plain Southwest egg muffins with chopped veggies.
We’ve been making these mini frittatas for a few years now, so I finally got around to updating this post, which was originally posted in 2015. Wow!
I love making ham and eggs with thick slices of leftover ham, but the kids don’t care for this combo at all. Normally, I would make it anyway, but I didn’t feel like doing battle today.
Since the kiddos eat just about anything that looks like a muffin, I decided to make this version instead. And since the the Hubs is a huge fan of ham and cheese anything, we worked together on this one!
How to Make Egg Muffins with Ham
To make these ham and egg cups, you’ll need:
- Muffin tin
- Non-stick spray
- 12 eggs
- Cooked ham
- Cheese, chopped pepper, salt, pepper, dried onions and Dijon mustard
Start by cracking the eggs into a large mixing bowl. Then, scramble them up, and add your mustard, dried onions, salt and pepper.
The mustard adds a nice little kick, but you really can’t taste the mustard itself at all. But if you’re not a mustard lover, you can just leave it out.
Next, add your chopped ham, shredded cheese and chopped peppers. Mix everything together, and pour the mixture into the prepared muffin tin.
Do NOT overfill the muffin tin! You might have some of the egg mixture left over, but if you fill the muffin cups to the very top, your eggs might run over. And friends, nobody has time to clean that up!
Bake the egg muffins for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. You can add some grated Parmesan cheese for extra flavor and parsley for a pop of color!
How to Get Egg Muffins out of the Pan
If you use a non-stick muffin tin and non-stick spray, it’s easy to remover the muffins from the pan. Just run a knife around the edges of the muffin, and gently lift them up and out of the muffin tin.
How to Reheat Egg Muffins
To reheat the egg muffin cups, microwave them for about 30 seconds or until warm and heated through. If you have an air fryer, use the reheat setting!
Pin Image to Save the Recipe
Post was originally published in 2015 and updated in 2020.
May contain affiliate links. See disclosure for more information.
Ham and Egg Muffins Recipe
Ham and Egg Muffins
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onions
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup cooked ham diced
- 1 cup diced red pepper optional
- 1 cup shredded colby jack or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 12-cup muffin tin with non stick spray
- Whisk eggs, sea salt, pepper, onions and mustard together, then stir in ham and shredded cheddar or colby jack cheese and optional diced red pepper if using.
- Fill muffin cups almost to the tops with egg mixture, and bake for about 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out fairly clean.
- Top with Parmesan cheese before serving, and enjoy!
These cheesy ham and egg cups are perfect if you need a grab-and-go breakfast, and they make tasty snacks too. They’re yummy, healthy, easy and kid-approved. What more can you ask for?!
More Easy Muffin Tin Meals
- Cheddar BBQ Meatloaf Muffins
- Italian Meatloaf Muffins
- Jalapeno Popper Wonton Cups
- Pepperoni Pizza Dip Wonton Cups
If you like this recipe as much as we do, leave a comment or give me a shout-out on social media!