Jalapeño Popper Wonton Cups with cream cheese, mozzarella cheese and bacon bake in 10 minutes for a quick and easy 5 ingredient appetizer. They're perfect for game day, snacks or dinner!
I made these easy jalapeño popper wonton cups with bacon, and they were a huge hit. Even the kids liked them, and even though I also made a pizza version, they actually preferred the jalapeno bacon version better!
What makes these tasty little appetizers so easy is that you start out with wonton wrappers. They're nice and light, and they're perfect for holding all sorts of yummy fillings.
And best of all, this 5 ingredient recipe only takes a few minutes to cook! Dinner is ready in a matter of minutes.
How to make Jalapeño Popper Wonton Cups
First, you just place the wonton wrappers in a greased muffin tin. I like to use two wonton wrappers per cup so that they hold the filling better and the bottoms don't get soggy.
You can usually find wonton wrappers in the bagged salad or veggie section of your nearest grocery store. Make sure you get wonton wrappers and not egg roll wrappers.
Then, you add the filling. For the poppers, I used cream cheese mixed with chopped jalapeños. Then, I added a generous amount of shredded mozzarella cheese.
I know that most recipes for jalapeño poppers use cheddar cheese, but we prefer mozzarella. It isn't as greasy, and it melts superbly!
I added some cooked crumbled airfryer bacon and an extra jalapeño slice to each cup and popped these poppers into the oven.
After about ten minutes, the wrappers get crispy and golden brown, and the cheese is perfectly melted. Dinner is served!
If you want to cut down on the heat, you can omit the extra jalapeno slices or reduce the amount of chopped jalapeno peppers inside the cream cheese. I love spicy food, so this was perfect for me and even some of the kids. The Hubs, on the other hand, preferred his without the extra peppers on top.
To each, his own. And if you want to keep this a meatless meal, just leave off the bacon.
Either way, you can't go wrong with these easy appetizers. If you like having finger foods for dinner or you need quick and easy party food, I hope you'll give them a try.
We also like to make mini wonton cups. Just slice each wonton wrapper in half. Then, use those to fill a mini muffin tin.
The rest of the recipe is the same. You just end up with more!
More Wonton Cups Filling Recipes
- Pepperoni Pizza Dip Wonton Cups
- Pollo Fundido Cups
- Mini Taco Salad Cups
- Avocado dip wonton cups
- Instant Pot Buffalo chicken wonton cups
Jalapeño Popper Wonton Cups with Bacon
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers chopped
- 2 tablespoons cooked crumbled bacon
- slices Jalapeno pepper and cilantro for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Grease a muffin tin, and place 2 wonton wrappers into each cup
- Mix the cream cheese and chopped jalapeno peppers
- Fill cups with cream cheese mixture and top with shredded mozzarella cheese
- Top with bacon and jalapeno slices
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and tops are golden brown
- Garnish with cilantro, if desired
Recipe was originally published in 2016 and last updated in 2021