Chocolate Chip Pancakes made from scratch in one bowl are fluffy, rich and loaded with chocolate morsels. They taste like your favorite cookie!
Enjoy the comforting taste of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies for breakfast when you make this easy pancake recipe! You only need one bowl and a few basic ingredients to make these delicious chocolaty pancakes!
So, my daughter asked for chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast last weekend, which was totally fine with me. But, instead of just adding chocolate morsels to our favorite pancake recipe, we decided to make them taste more like our favorite chocolate chip cookies.
You guys, we definitely got it right! These pancakes have a mix of brown sugar and white sugar and a touch of cinnamon -- just like our favorite cookies!
How to Make Chocolate Chip Pancakes in One Bowl
There's no need to dirty a lot of dishes when you make pancakes for breakfast. We use this method for our favorite Banana Cinnamon Pancakes, Chocolate Orange Pancakes, Eggnog Pancakes and Pumpkin Pancakes.
Just add an egg to a mixing bowl, and beat it slightly. Then, add your dry ingredients, and stir slightly.
So, in this picture you can all of the ingredients. But normally, the egg is on the bottom.
Next, add melted butter, vanilla and milk, and whisk together until blended. There may be a few lumps, but they'll disappear when you cook them.
Sprinkle in some semi sweet chocolate morsels. And stir.
Now, you're ready to make pancakes on the griddle!
These pancakes are amazing on their own and even better with some toppings!
Pancake Topping Ideas
We usually make a pancake topping bar and let everyone go to town. The kids love to add butter, syrup or honey over the pancakes.
And, whipped cream and a few more chocolate chips take these babies to the next level. Yum.
You can also add sprinkles, crushed chocolate chip cookies and fresh fruit. Bananas, strawberries and blueberries are all good ideas!
Chocolate Chip Pancakes Recipe
Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Add an egg to a medium mixing bowl, and beat slightly
- Add flour, baking powder, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon and salt, and stir dry ingredients slightly
- Add vanilla, melted butter and milk, and stir until well combined. Batter may have a few lumps, but don't over mix. Stir in chocolate morsels
- Lightly grease a griddle with butter, and heat until hot. Drop small circles (We use a ¼ cup to measure out batter) of batter onto griddle. Leave room to flip them
- Cook until bubbles form and start to stay open and edges are slightly firm, then flip and cook for about 1 minute more on other side
- Serve as you make them or keep warm in oven until ready to serve