Crock Pot Chicken and Stuffing casserole is a super easy one dish dinner made with chicken breasts and stuffing mix in the slow cooker.
This easy recipe for Crock-Pot chicken and stuffing dinner is perfect when you’re craving simple comfort food. Just layer the ingredients in your slow cooker, and cook!
I’m making Crock-Pot recipes more often now. The slow cooker allows me to get my work done while preparing easy meals for the family. Crazy times here!
Chicken and stuffing bake is a classic. I used to make it when I was first married, and I decided to make it again now for the family.
The best part is that you only need 4 ingredients for the basic chicken recipe. You can also add extra flavors and customize the recipe to suit your own tastes! Here’s what you need:
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried onions
- Stuffing Mix ( I added celery and dried cranberries )
- Cream of chicken or celery soup
- Chicken broth or water
How to Make Chicken Stuffing Casserole in a Slow Cooker
Step 1. Add a little oil or use a non stick spray to coat your Crock-Pot. Then, place the chicken breasts in the Crock-Pot, and season them.
I used a mixture of sea salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried onions. You can also use your favorite poultry seasoning blend here.
Step 2. Spread the cream soup evenly over the chicken. I used cream of celery, but you can use cream of chicken or cream of mushroom.
If you want to thin the soup out a little, you can add a little milk or chicken broth. We like firmer stuffing, so I use the soup straight from the can.
Step 3. Next, mix your stuffing mix with chicken broth. You can also use water if you want.
Spoon the stuffing over the chicken. I added chopped celery and dried cranberries since I use them whenever I make homemade stuffing for Thanksgiving.
Step 4. Cover, and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours. The total time will depend on how thick the chicken breasts are.
I used 4 thin chicken breasts here, about 2 pounds. So, they were done in 3 hours.
For extra flavor, add a few pats of butter over the stuffing before serving. Yum!
More Crock-Pot Chicken Recipes
May contain affiliate links. See disclosure for more information.
Crock Pot Chicken and Stuffing Casserole Recipe
Crock Pot Chicken and Stuffing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts about 2 pounds
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 10 ounce can cream of celery soup or cream of chicken or mushroom
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 package Stove Top Stuffing Mix
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Add olive oil and chicken breasts to slow cooker, and season with sea salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried minced onions
- Spread cream of celery soup over chicken breasts
- Mix dried stuffing mix and chicken broth together, and spoon over chicken. Add chopped celery and dried cranberries if desired
- Cover and cook for 3 to 4 hours on high or 6 to 7 hours on low. Chicken should be 165 degrees when cooked
If you like this recipe as much as we do, leave a comment or give me a shout-out on social media! Sign up to receive weekly recipes by email!