Easy Baked Chicken with Zucchini, yellow squash and tomatoes is a super quick sheet pan dinner with fast clean-up that takes 15 minutes to cook!
If you're looking for a super quick and easy baked chicken recipe, this sheet pan chicken dinner is for you! Chicken breasts, zucchini, yellow squash and grape tomatoes cook in one pan for a light, flavorful low-carb dinner that's ready in less than 30 minutes!
I'm always looking for new easy recipes with boneless skinless chicken breasts, and it really doesn't get much easier than this one pan chicken dinner. It's kind of a lightened up Italian chicken recipe, and it's a delicious way to use up fresh zucchini and yellow squash!
As much as I love Instant Pot recipes, sheet pan dinners are just as easy, if not easier. Just throw everything on the cookie sheet, and bake! If you use foil or parchment paper -- clean-up is practically non-existent!
How to Make Baked Chicken with Summer Vegetables on One Sheet Pan
The key to getting the chicken breasts and vegetables to cook quickly and evenly together is to slice the chicken in half lengthwise. In other words, butterfly the chicken. Then, season it, and place it on a large rimmed baking sheet, along with olive oil.
Next, add some cut zucchini and yellow squash. Then, throw in a few grape tomatoes, season everything, and drizzle a little more olive oil on top.
This easy baked chicken dinner takes only about 15 minutes to cook. It's perfect for busy weekdays, and you only have one pan to clean!
The tomatoes shrivel up slightly and make their own light sauce. So good! You can add a little shredded Parmesan cheese and a bit of butter at the end for even more flavor!
Pin this recipe to save it!
Baked Chicken with Zucchini, Summer Squash and Grape Tomatoes
Easy Baked Chicken with Zucchini and Summer Squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1 yellow squash sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning in a small bowl
- Pour half of the olive oil on a rimmed baking sheet
- Season both sides of the chicken with some of the seasoning mix, and place on baking sheet
- Add zucchini, yellow squash and tomatoes, and drizzle remaining olive oil over chicken and vegetables
- Add remaining seasoning mix over vegetables
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until chicken is 165 degrees according to a meat thermometer
- Top with shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired before serving
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
I hope you enjoy this easy baked chicken dinner as much as we do!