Baked Ranch Chicken Dinner is an easy recipe for chicken breasts and potatoes with ranch seasoning cooked on one sheet pan. Done in 30 minutes!
I made this super quick and easy sheet pan dinner the other night, and the whole family loved it -- even the pickiest eater said it was good! The chicken was juicy and delicious, and the entire meal cooked on just one pan for easy clean-up!
You only need 5 ingredients for this easy chicken recipe:
- Chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Ranch seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Baby potatoes
Actually, you could knock this down to 3 ingredients if you just want to cook the chicken by itself. You can also skip the garlic.
We love garlic, so I added the garlic powder. I also threw in some broccoli at the end and sprinkled a little grated Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley for extra flavor. It's a very versatile recipe!
How to Make Baked Ranch Chicken and Potatoes
First, line a baking sheet with foil. This makes clean-up way easier, but if you don't want to use foil, you don't have to.
Then, add the chicken breasts and potatoes. I like to quarter the baby potatoes so that they cook faster.
Next, drizzle a little olive oil all over the chicken and potatoes. Stir the potatoes so that they're evenly coated.
Sprinkle the ranch dressing packet over the chicken and potatoes. Then, season everything with garlic powder.
You can add salt and pepper, to taste. The ranch powder has sodium in it, so I let people add extra seasoning later if they want.
Bake the chicken for 25 to 30 minutes or until the chicken is 165 degrees and the potatoes are tender. If your want to add some fresh broccoli, throw it on the pan during the last 5 minutes or so.
Before serving, I like to sprinkle on some grated Parm and fresh chopped parsley. For cheesier potatoes, grated cheddar or cheddar blend works well, too!
So if you're looking for a chicken recipe with few ingredients that's kid friendly, you can't go wrong with this baked ranch chicken dinner. It doesn't get much easier than this!
If you want to make this recipe with more chicken, I recommend doubling the ranch seasoning. I've made this with 6 to 8 chicken breasts before, and 1 packet isn't enough to cover everything.
Baked Ranch Chicken Dinner
- 4 small chicken breasts 1.5 to 2 pounds
- 1 pound baby potatoes quartered
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing
- salt and pepper, to taste, if desired
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Place chicken breasts and potatoes on foil lined baking sheet
- Drizzle olive oil over chicken and potatoes, and stir potatoes to coat
- Sprinkle dry ranch dressing and garlic powder all over
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is at least 165°, according to meat thermometer, and potatoes are fork tender
- Season with grated Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley if desired
More Sheet Pan Chicken Recipes
- Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Chicken Dinner
- Sheet Pan BBQ Chicken
- Baked Chicken and Zucchini
- Sheet Pan Lemon Butter Chicken and Asparagus
- Baked Honey Lime Chicken
If you like this recipe as much as we do, leave a comment or give me a shout-out on social media! Sign up to receive weekly recipes by email!